Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hi Dolls!

I am compiling a list of best and worst products of 2011....  Leave your comments with the most fabulous and the most dreadful products of last year.  Can't wait to read about your experiences!

My Best:

The Porefessional primer from Benefit

Blow Hairspray by Blow

Naked Palet by Urban Decay

Butter Nail Polish

My Worst:

OPI gel nails

NYX glitter gel eyeshadow

Clinique Even Better Skin Corrector

MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara

Your turn..... :-)

Grins and Hairpins,

Kitty

Views: 932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh, still so in love with MAC Russian Red matte lipstick.

Not so thrilled with the $50 bottle of Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation.  Love the color, love the texture, and that it only takes a touch, but it really accentuates any dryness.

Thanks for the great tips, gals!

xxx

Best Bargains:

- Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm in "Gothic" and "Beloved"

- Revlon Color Stay Overtime Lipcolor in "Ultimate Wine"

Worst Bargains:

- NYC Smooch Proof 16h Lipstain; Stayed on 2 hours, tops.

Best Splurge:

- Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Make Up 

That's odd because the Veet raspberry mousse works well for hair removal especially if you remove it with a scrubby brush. The smell isn't too bad compared to most hair removal cremes and it leaves your legs feeling super smooth!

Tiddleywink Vintage said:

BEST: Seche Vite fast-drying top coat. I swear the stuff is magical! It can fix small mistakes, it seals your polish in for what seems like weeks, and it really does dry your whole manicure in a flash! Seriously, run out and buy yourself a bottle NOW. Sally carries it in store, and for $2 less than Ulta.

WORST: Hands down, Veet Supreme'Essence spray on hair removal cream. Velvet Rose Fragrance, my ass. It smells terrible, and it was 3 days before my bathroom was clear of the stench. It's also incredibly sloppy to use: when applied according to directions, half the product is wasted overspray. I'd probably put up with it all if it actually removed hair, but I still had to shave immediately afterwards! FAIL.

BEST:
Sephora liquid eyeliner in black  (Goes on so smooth and has a very thin brush to allow for thin lines)

Sephora retractable eyebrow pencil (The colors they have are awesome and the coverage is great)

Korres Wildrose 24 hour moisterizing and skin brightening cream (I try to use as much natural and organic products as possible because my face hates chemicals, although I still have some issues with dryness my skin has improved dramatically since using this stuff.  I bought the starter kit which has the mask, brightening serum, moisturizer, and a second set I bought to replenish has a body moisturizer, lip gloss, lip stain, and serum)

Philosophy Help Me (This retinol cream helps even out my skin tone, lighten marks, reduce the appearance of my scars as well as help control minor break outs...it dries my skin out occasionally so I do skip putting it on once a week at night)

Bare Escentuals loose powder foundation

Urban Decay eyeliner (Love this, it doesn't smudge and lasts very long)

Any eye shadow from Loreal H.I.P.

WORST:
Ulta eyebrow pencil (terrible color and coverage, looks unnatural)

St Ives apricot face scrub (dries my skin out way too much and leaves my face with red patches everywhere and very tight)

Loreal Voluminous liquid eye liner

Best : Rapidlash ( really does grow your eyelashes without the side effects of the other prescribed one.) For skin: Aztec Indian clay Mask ( THE BEST MASK.. found at whole foods or any nature store ) Beyond belief vit C night creme ( Best cream I found at Sally's for ten bucks) Gamma Hydroxy by skin doctors ( works, but pricy ) 

As for hair and make-up, still searching for a favorite...

I haven't tried many products that really stand out lately, but here are a few that did:

Best:

Hair - L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Hair Repair Treatment.  My hair is really damaged and thinning, and this stuff made it feel and look thicker and healthier.  Love it!!

Make-up: Maybelline Fit Me Concealor.  Awesome stuff, covers nicely and lasts all day.

Worst: Maybelline Falsies Volume Express.  OMG, this stuff is horrible!  It clumps, the wand is flimsy and the product itself irritates the hell out of my eyes.  Complete waste of money. 

Ok

Best:

The new liquid foundation from The Body Shop. Love that they have a color that matches my skin, its perfect for the days I want full coverage.

Bare Minerials Matte foundation, its just soo much more amazing then their original foundation.

Ulta eye shadows, yes they are a beauty store brand. But they are so intense, and colorful. They don't wear down, I can wear them all day and night, without having to fix, or reapply.

Origins Charcoal mask. Um I love this! At first I was a little freaked, because when you put it on your skin it tingles, and stings a bit. But if you hold out till it is compleatly dry, and wash it off it makes your skin feel and look amazing. I used it and my sister in law said it looked like I was wearing the best foundation in the world, (I had not a drop of make up on), it is my go to product to make me feel beautiful.

Worst:

Ulta's lipstick. their eye shadows are amazing, their lip products leave my lips flacky, dry, and cracked.

Neutrogena's spf 90 moisturizer. This broke me out, and my skin can handle almost anything! I have never broken out so bad from a moisturizer.

Any Dove product. I have tried almost all of their products over the years, I don't know why. Maybe because so many people I know swear by them, but really they are terrible. They say it washes away clean, no it leaves a flim. I never felt clean using their soap.

As for their shampoo, it made my hair beautifull, soft and easy to style. But it broke my entire back out! I never had pimples on my back or shoulders, ever! Then I used Dove shampoo, and I had a red, puffy, pimply breakout all over my back. Don't buy their "washes away clean" line, it leaves a residue that will coat you.

I don't know I have to agree with the OP, Veet is pretty bad. The smell of their products is kinda like spraying cheap body spray on a flaming cat.... I don't know why but it smells like someone lit a cat on fire to me.

Also it removed my hair amazingly well, but it burned me. I was sore, and itchy after using it, and I had red patches like someone held a lighter to my legs.

Again my skin isn't really sensitive, I have done crazy expoliant things to my skin, but Veet hurt, like nothing else.

Cotton Candy Gonsalves said:

That's odd because the Veet raspberry mousse works well for hair removal especially if you remove it with a scrubby brush. The smell isn't too bad compared to most hair removal cremes and it leaves your legs feeling super smooth!

Tiddleywink Vintage said:

BEST: Seche Vite fast-drying top coat. I swear the stuff is magical! It can fix small mistakes, it seals your polish in for what seems like weeks, and it really does dry your whole manicure in a flash! Seriously, run out and buy yourself a bottle NOW. Sally carries it in store, and for $2 less than Ulta.

WORST: Hands down, Veet Supreme'Essence spray on hair removal cream. Velvet Rose Fragrance, my ass. It smells terrible, and it was 3 days before my bathroom was clear of the stench. It's also incredibly sloppy to use: when applied according to directions, half the product is wasted overspray. I'd probably put up with it all if it actually removed hair, but I still had to shave immediately afterwards! FAIL.

My favorite products:

Maybelline's Colossal Volume Mascara in Glam Black

DUO lash glue in Dark

Revlon ColorStay liquid foundations

Stila All in One Foundations (primer, concealer and foundation all in one)

Revlon SuperLustrous lip color in Fire & Ice.  It is a true retro red and has been a staple color for Revlon since the late 1950s. 

Yes! To Cucumbers makeup remover wipes

Lorac AquaPrime foundation primer...silicone-free, fragrance-free, oil-free and paraben-free...great for those with skin sensitivities.

Worst:

Treseme dry shampoo...it left my hair even oilier than before it was applied, funky texture and not a pleasant smell.

Neutrogena Calming Facial Wash (the green liquid face wash)...did nothing for my skin and doesn't calm down inflammation as it claims it does.  Supposed to be good for acne prone skin but with all the parabens it just irritated my skin further.

Boots Anti-Shine Lotion...only because of the packaging...it's impossible to the product out as the pump never works as it should.  Other than that the lotion is fine.

LOL! :D

Slaykitty said:

...The smell of their products is kinda like spraying cheap body spray on a flaming cat...

It's funny that you specify the DUO Dark, when in theory there really shouldn't be any difference between the White and the Dark except the color, but in reality the White has NEVER worked for me.  It just doesn't stick.  But the Dark is great.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed a difference.

Ellie Retrophilia said:

My favorite products:

DUO lash glue in Dark

Best Products:

Besame Red Lipstick, Red Hot

MAC Viva Glam Gaga, best nude lipstick

Tarte Black Amazonia Gel Liner

Smashbox Foundation Primer

Bare Minerals Black Mascara

Jouer Body Butter, smells like honeysuckles and yumminess!

AHAVA Mineral Foot Cream, if you wear heels, this stuff will be your best friend!

Worst Products:

Kloraine Eye Makeup Remover, did not remove any eye makeup! HATE 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by