Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Has anyone ever had such a bad day that you are literally unable to function? Today was that kind of day. It took me all day to figure out what to do to relax and feel better. Baking! I baked banana nut muffins, and as I write am noshing on one hot out of the oven. I am feeling much better now. :)

I'm curious; does anyone else do this?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ABSOLUTELY! Anything that involves a lot of mixing is wonderfully therapeutic. On the really bad days, I make yeast breads. There is nothing for a bad day like a recipe that requires you to punch things down

I do try to give away a lot of what I bake, though, otherwise I sometimes run into trouble...
PLEASE SEND BAKED GOODS.
Haha, I thought I was the only one who did this! There is just something so damn relaxing about baking!!
I make cakes when I need to relax. Victoria sponges and butterfly cakes mainly. But I have been known to make crumbles, pies, tarts, cookies, brownies ect.

For me its the I'm focusing so hard on the measuring, mixing ect that I forget about everything else.

Me and a friend have been challenged to a bake off, basically cause the guys we know think our cakes are both equally as good and want us to bake for them LOL.

Need to see if I have the ingredients cause I fancy baking tonight now
Hi Mary!! I too had one of those days today!! I should have baked. It is something that I love to do anyway. I am going to try this out! Thank you for posting this! I already feel a little bit better! I hope you are too!! XOXO
I did help a lot to repeatedly stab the bananas with a fork! I am feeling much better today. (now if only i could find the sequined fabric I bought to make the Huffarama costumes!)
When you're back in CA, then we'll talk about sending you treats, Edson!

Edson {PL Team} said:
PLEASE SEND BAKED GOODS.
Yes, but I just cook. (I am a terrible baker.) I usually make something that requires a lot of focus and attention so I don't have to think about why I'm feeling homicidal, I can just focus on making pickles or folding biscuit dough... or on especially bad days, violently trussing a chicken.
Pounding chicken breasts is always fun!

Dixie Rising said:
Yes, but I just cook. (I am a terrible baker.) I usually make something that requires a lot of focus and attention so I don't have to think about why I'm feeling homicidal, I can just focus on making pickles or folding biscuit dough... or on especially bad days, violently trussing a chicken.
LOL Mary!!! Maybe I should make a big pot of mashed potatoes!!! I hope you find the fabric. I can't wait to see the costumes!! XOXO

Vintage Suits by Mary said:
I did help a lot to repeatedly stab the bananas with a fork! I am feeling much better today. (now if only i could find the sequined fabric I bought to make the Huffarama costumes!)
I am looking forward to my cookie baking day coming up. It is a day of over-doing it, but in a relaxing way. I do the same cookies each year for Christmas, four different kinds. Can't wait.
oh my goodness I do this big time that and anger cleaning. I mean literally so p'd off steam coming from my ears and cleaning the house. Oh yes most definetly!!!
Baking I make Chocolate Truffles, Bourbon Balls, Run truffles, chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, peppermint pattties, peanut butter cups, biscotti, and Divinity

I usually bake a lot in Christmas time to relax my mind as well.
I clean, but maybe next time I'll try baking. Eating sweets is just as good if not better then a clean house!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service