Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I think your scent is as important if not more than the clothes...what scents do you wear and why?

Me: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain created in 1912...it's my absolute decadent pleasure. so many layers...it's like a drug to me.
and...
Paris by Yves Saint Laurent created in 1983. I have been wearing this for approximately 21 years. (my first bottle was a shoplifted tester from the dillard's fragrance counter...teen angst) It's my tried and true "everyday" scent. It's heady and playful...not too tart...like me.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a firm believer in that perfume really needs to go with your body's chemistry. What smells great on someone else, may not smell that great on yourself. I've tried tons of perfumes, and tried to wear Chanel No. 5 for years, though it didn't really work for me. Finally stumbled on Herve Leger perfume about 6 years ago...I've found my match! It's very light, and slightly sweet. Not too fruity, floral or spicy. I am obsessed. I stash mini bottles everywhere!
I totally agree, the chocolate scented body spray I wear combined with my natural caramel smell makes me feel edible and seems to have quite the axe effect. Add the woody hints from my cologne and I give off the scent of a pretty sweet guy.

;P

JiJi Lee said:
I am a firm believer in that perfume really needs to go with your body's chemistry. What smells great on someone else, may not smell that great on yourself. I've tried tons of perfumes, and tried to wear Chanel No. 5 for years, though it didn't really work for me. Finally stumbled on Herve Leger perfume about 6 years ago...I've found my match! It's very light, and slightly sweet. Not too fruity, floral or spicy. I am obsessed. I stash mini bottles everywhere!
If you like cotten candy try either Jessica Simpson "Fancy" or Britney Spears "Fantasy".

Wink Holliday said:
I love cotton candy! I used to wear it as a scent, and then one day a guy walked past me, stopped, looked around confused, and then asked out loud, "Why does it smell like a circus in here?" NOT the effect I was going for!

Rose said:
I have to admit I have been looking for a signature scent. I always have a bottle of Chanel 5 on standby. When I want to feel truly retro I wear Evening in Paris. It was my grandmothers scent. She used to get full gift sets of that...I am one of those who want something syrupy sweet really. So lately I have been wearing Cotton Candy fragrances from Body Fantasies and Prince Machebelli...I am looking for a more expensive Cotton Candy scent:)...
I am a big fan of coco chanel mademoiselle and thierry mugler Angel. When I want something sweet and light I go for creme brulee scent I got from bath and body works...
I know this is an old thread but I was about to start a new "signature scent" thread when I stumbled upon this one. Mine is Delices de Cartier it has " iced cherry and zesty bergamot blended with the spice of pink pepper and feminine floral notes like violet, jasmine, and freesia, finished with warm amber, musk, and sandalwood" I'm a huge sandalwood fan; when I'm playing with essential oils I tend to mix up blends with sandalwood, clove, cinnamon and gardenia.

I've also recently gotten into Bvlgari's Blv for an everyday spring/summer scent.

But nothing makes me feel sexier than Delices...
Ooh, good choice of revival, Cherry! =0]
My body chemistry works best with fragrances that are a mix of both fruity and floral scents. I love, love, love Betsey Johnson's designer perfume. Everything about it is absolutely to die for. Not only does it smell fabulous, but the it lingers for quite some time. I've washed clothing multiple times, and they still come out smelling like the perfume. I bought a 50mL bottle over a year ago, and although I spritz it multiple times at least once daily, I've hardly even put a dent in the amount of what's in the bottle. It's still practically full! Betsey is most definitely my signature scent. I've had quite a few people say they think of me every time they visit her local store. =0}
Sometimes, though, my nose needs a break and wants to smell something else, lol. When I switch perfumes for a day, it's always over to Viva La Juicy By Juicy Couture. Love, love, love that stuff as well, but it doesn't last nearly as long as I'd like for it to, both in scent and bottle contents. I think I just used the last of mine up the other day, actually... perhaps it's time to search for a new secondary scent? =0D
Angel by Thierry Mugler is my go-to fragrance. I have others that I cheat on Angel with occasionally, especially for work. If I'm going to work, I just wear C.O. Bigelow's Lemon- it's light but not too citrusy, sweet, or overpowering. But I love Angel. I first smelled it on a friend of mine in college and thought it smelled delectable.
I guess the way I feel about scent (as long as it's the RIGHT scent) is that it adds confidence, mystery and a certain je ne sais quois if it's done right; and those qualities added to a kick-ass ensemble will give a lady more of an edge. Does that make any sense?
Infiniment Pettilant, now discontinued but i have a nice stash!
Makes me feel like a film star , a sweet champagne scent with ylang ylang.....just so yummy! and i know im the only one wearing it :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service