Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Here we are at the end of 2010, and today while I was bored out of my mind and reading old fashion magazines I starting thinking about the best, and worst trends of the decade. So I'm wondering, what were your faves, and what do you wish had never been invented?

A few of my favorites were:

Crazy bedazzled phones!Online Shopping

And SPANX!!!!

My least favorite trend, hands down, is ugly ass CROCSSo lets hear it, what are your favs and hates from the last 10 years?

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't name a fave right off hand, but my absolute hate are Snuggies!

HAHA, have you seen the mock snuggie commercial "WTF blanket" on youtube?  Not safe for work, but hilarious!

Tessa LeTaunt {★} said:

I can't name a fave right off hand, but my absolute hate are Snuggies!

hummmm, best trend, bringing color/patterned stockings back, worst...for the second year in a row ugg boots! lol

My worst:

Uggs, One piece, another unsexy version of the Snuggie seen above.

Crocs

Wow, its weird thinking about it. Over the last 10years I've basically grew up and got my style. at the start of the decade I was 13. At 13 I was into wearing combats, tight tees, Doc Martens (which I've just started wearing again), converse, dark red/brown lippy. That's when I started dying my hair "unusual" colours too. :) Good to see I haven't changed too much style-wise growing up then :D (except for the lippy, lets forget I said that haha)

from what I can remember (ie not a lot)

Worst - Uggs, Crocs, boho, white skinny jeans.

Best - spanx, ballet flats, military.

Thats about all I can remember. :(

Nastiest thing that came about in the last 10 years are Crocs and the advent of Flip Flops as footwear beyond the beach or house. Best things are the popularization of latex and the return of Audrey Hepburn style ballet flats and early to mid 60s style !

I HATE Crocs! I'm a nurse, and a lot of nurses wear them, but i think anyone wearing crocs should be executed on the spot, along with those who dump dirty diapers in the parking lot!!

10 years... thats a long time

Crocs and Ugg shoes - no no no!!!

"big" come back of 80's fashion - no no no

ohh and recently i notice that in UK Wellies in the snow is a yes.....well it's a big NO, unless you wanna break your neck

If it comes to yes yes yes:

ballerina pumps

Alexander McQueen

Military fashion

Best trend-- Vintage fashion!  It has always been around, but it has totally boomed in the last few years.  Least favorite-- anything Lady Gaga does, jeans that are so skinny the legs in them look like sausages in casings... and to make it worse, the holes ripped into them-- and the ghastly over-kill of gaudy accessories.

Ugh to Lady Gaga and her horrific aesthetics, YES to Katy Perry even though I am not a huge fan of her music.

The return of 80s anything is AWFUL ! What a gross decade of fashion and especially colors

Nasty footwear seems to be an epidemic, first Birkestocks and Teva Sandals then those awful kitschy cartoony looking platform shoes from the 1990s. Oh another thing I loathe are those stripper heels. Stilletos and classic pumps are HOT, stripper heels are a goofy cliche !

The Trousseau said:

Best trend-- Vintage fashion!  It has always been around, but it has totally boomed in the last few years.  Least favorite-- anything Lady Gaga does, jeans that are so skinny the legs in them look like sausages in casings... and to make it worse, the holes ripped into them-- and the ghastly over-kill of gaudy accessories.

When you look at it, the 80's had little that was new or of its own.  Big hair, certainly, was a trademark.  But so much of what passed for fashion in the 80's was taken from other decades.  When you look on ebay for vintage, much of what I see advertised as 40's or 50's is actually from the 80's.

Well, I guess 10 years ago I was trying to find myself, I was a total pin-up freak but didn't have the confidence to admitted to the world. I'd definitely agree that the mainstream has embraced the Vintage/Retro Culture alot in the last 10 years and for that I'm grateful. I'm glad to see the back of the retro 70's I'll admit! Little uncertain we were quite ready for an 80's revival, but some of the styles are nice to see back again. Although if I see another tiered skirt I may be ill! I'd like to see the back of the "One Piece", and the tight jeans guys wear that hang off their butts, I mean we've seen baggy butt hanging trousers, and now we have tight ones, can't we just let them die their natural death? Loves, the audrey hepburn glasses, the whole retro vibe, and ceramic straightening irons!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service