Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So what would you say that a rockabilly pin-up should have in her closet? I'm new to this I would like to know. I plan on making all my new closet. Thanks

Views: 5317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any idea where I can get some of these cheap? I want some Freddies of Pinewoods ones - I have their regular cuffed jeans and love them - but can't face paying £40 for them. Any ideas?

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
I think this is a great discussion. A must read for any girls starting out in this scene. So let's make it as informative as we can. This thread needs some pictures!

The cuffed jeans/capri look (my favorite for everyday casual):

I love cuffed jeans! I agree with Roxy, a cute cardi is a must! I just got this on Torrid.com:
Photobucket
other must-haves:
a cute halter top
Photobucket
a cute print like polka dots,
Photobucket
(and cat's eye glasses)
gingham,
Photobucket
and cherries
Photobucket
I don't buy special jeans for the look, I just head to the mall and get ones that fit, and are NOT low rise. I'm a bigger girl, so I buy mine at Torid, but I've noticed that "natural waist" jeans are pretty popular everywhere. The little cheapie stores in the mall are always good.

Roxie Roulette {★} said:
Any idea where I can get some of these cheap? I want some Freddies of Pinewoods ones - I have their regular cuffed jeans and love them - but can't face paying £40 for them. Any ideas?
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I am jealous of your ability to sew!
The pencil skirt:

The wiggle dress:

This thread is awesome and crazy helpful! Gave me a great idea for a series on my blog! xoxo
I live in a country where there is winter. What do you recomend for a winter coat?
You can find great vintage coats at thrift stores. Many of them are wool, sometimes with nice fur trim.

Isabelle Savoie said:
I live in a country where there is winter. What do you recomend for a winter coat?
For when your Summers roll around, I suggest a parisol and a good Playsuit or Romper! The vintage Playsuits/Rompers usually have really great coverage, so you can easily sport one out to the park, to the grocery store, or to lunch, and you won't look indecent.

I know you said you're planning to make your wardrobe yourself, but if you do purchase one, try to find either a vintage one on the cheap, or something by a modern boutique, but is modeled after vintage designs. I'm not a fan of some of the 'modern' takes of the 1940s/1950s Playsuits/Swimwear, because I personally feel the makers tend to try to modern them a little too much, and they get a little shorter and low-cut where they shouldn't. I prefer good coverage, and I think the vintage suits are much sexier, but that's just my opinion lol

They can be pretty versatile, like if you put a pair of capris or a pencil skirt over them. I have a few Peplum skirts (stock up on a few of those too!) that I also wear with my playsuits, so they make a cute outfit together that can also come apart if it gets too hot or I want to lounge around!

If you're a fair-skinned, a parisol will come in handy as well, as it will block out the sun and keep you from getting too dark (or worse, burned!). I get pale in the Winter, which is what I prefer, and because I'm a mixed ethnicity I tend to soak up the sun during the summer; and I bronze up like a Sun God much to my dismay! So my parisol helps me keep my fair face when I'm out to car shows and the faires/festivals :)

If you really wanna go all out, you can also find some great vintage patterns on etsy.com--that site is sooo addicting, btw XD So handle it with extreme caution... You have been warned hehehe
Oh! And don't forget a good Girdle-Brief and a Bullet Bra for under-pinnings :)
Here are a few jacket ideas, depending on the look you're going for:

The classic leather jacket:

A cute sailor coat:

And my favorite, any kid of fur!

Isabelle Savoie said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service