Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hey there ladies. I am looking to make a compilation of great pin up songs/music to use at shoots to create the mood a bit better. I am looking for suggestions for songs/bands in the pin up era or with that sound that you girls use or would like to pose too. Thanks in advance.

Views: 7478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JUNGLE EXOTiCA - Various Artists part 2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jungle-Exotica-Various-Artists/dp/B000050HW...
there is 5-6 albums in that Volume..

JUNGLE EXOTICA is my FAVORite of all time! it is so burlyq/pose pose!
Thanks Sue. You girls out there have to have some more for me though.
Fantastic topic! ! ! I hope this thread explodes...
The Puppini sisters are great, I have their Betcha Bottom Dollar album from a few years back... They also took some great pinup shots themselves...

Chop & Go {PLA} said:
well, i'm not one the ladies but i suggest the puppini sisters. they have 3 albums and they sound kinda like the andrews. from mr. sandman to walk like an egyptian. these girls are fantastic!
Listining to Java's while we speak and I am sure to check out the Puppini Sisters as well. Keep em coming cats and kittens.
I always like putting on Pandora.com and typing in whatever mood fits the shoot! Just type in any band or song and it plays similar music to that style. That way too, you can just ask the model what she likes since everyone's taste is different. Plus it lets you thumbs up or thumbs down if it's the style you are looking for!

Previous Pandora radios I've chosen:

Gotan Project Radio-for burlesquey stuff
The Ting Tings Radio-upbeat and fun
Bjork Radio-for those creative shoots/glam
Blossom Dearie-dreamy/cutesy/cheesecake
April March-just fun
Bittersweet-More fun!
Q Lazzarus-80's weirdness
Sarah Vaughan-Old school jazz goodness
Say Hi To Your Mom-Electronic/rock/fun

Hope that helps!
+10 pts for you mama! Next time type in "Daft Punk" and post pictarz of the shoot because you're sure to ROCK IT OUT.

Seanna {M} said:
I always like putting on Pandora.com and typing in whatever mood fits the shoot! Just type in any band or song and it plays similar music to that style. That way too, you can just ask the model what she likes since everyone's taste is different. Plus it lets you thumbs up or thumbs down if it's the style you are looking for!

Previous Pandora radios I've chosen:

Gotan Project Radio-for burlesquey stuff
The Ting Tings Radio-upbeat and fun
Bjork Radio-for those creative shoots/glam
Blossom Dearie-dreamy/cutesy/cheesecake
April March-just fun
Bittersweet-More fun!
Q Lazzarus-80's weirdness
Sarah Vaughan-Old school jazz goodness
Say Hi To Your Mom-Electronic/rock/fun

Hope that helps!
Another great suggestion and I will definatly use it, but rather than websites that put together a random playlist I am actually looking for specific songs/artists that I can download and put into my Ipod to bring to shoots so we have some mood music. So does anyone have a specific song that really gets them in the mood?
Ask the model what SHE would like to hear. It'll help make her feel comfortable and at ease. :) I know when I shoot I like to hear my favorites - Elvis, Wanda, The Shack Shakers, etc. Not everyone likes the same kind of music - so it's best to have a good mix of stuff. Great topic!!

Some of my favorites to shoot with - basically anything I can dance too:

Wanda Jackson
Elvis
The Hillbilly Hellcats
Royal Crown Revue
Big Bad VooDoo Daddy
For a sexy xmas shoot I would recommend Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby is part of the compliation - very sultry and playful, just perfect for a cute christmas pin-up :D
Thought of another.... google the Mighty Blue Kings... Ron Boss is Juuusssst dreammyyyy lol... but seriously their swooning and jive sounds are Great to listen to... I sing "Buzz Buzz Buzz" to my baby boy every night.
Good call. Erthas version is hands and feet above the crap that Madonna tried to pull on us!

Pepsi Cola said:
For a sexy xmas shoot I would recommend Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby is part of the compliation - very sultry and playful, just perfect for a cute christmas pin-up :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service