Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Models, photogs, designers and MUAH. What would you say are the 5 most important things to have at a photo shoot?

Please specify what field you are answering for. And please feel free to answer what you feel are the most important things for the model to bring to a shoot, no matter what your field.

Views: 1428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went with my sister to her first pinup shoot yesterday.

For a model i would suggest bobby pins, saftey pins, hairbrush, hairspray...

we learned a lot yesterday!
As a photograpers, I would say that properly fitting clothing is very important. Try on your outfit, look in the mirror and critique what you see. Then sit down and look again. If you see lumps or a roll hanging over your belt rethink that outfit. Spanx under clothing will help smooth out any extra skin. If you have celulite on your thighs and choose to wear short shorts, don't expect the photographer to be thrilled with the idea of spending an hour in photoshot to make you look like a supermodel. It is not your size that is the most important factor, it is apropriate clothing that fits well. Ask someone you trust to help you select an outfit that flatters your shape. Choose a photographer that is experienced at posing you to maxamize your positives and mimimize problem areas. Bring a good attitude and have fun.
I’d say these for MODELS:
hairpins (you can’t have enough)
extra stockings in case the ones you have rip
shoes that have not been worn outside if you shoot in studio, used old shoes does not look good in photos
false lashes AND glue!
powder so you don’t get a shiny face

And always:
Make sure outfit works and try everything together before the shoot (especially if you are new and don’t know how different garments look on you in camera).
Pack all makeup needs + hairspray, brush/comb, red nail polish if you have not fixed your nails before the shoot, this will add a little extra and give you a more polished look then just leaving them natural.
Have fun!
For models I'd say:

Face powder
Hair pins
Hairspray
Lipstick
Poses and face expressions that have been well rehearsed infront of a mirror
the forgetful items:
- bobby pins
- STRONG HOLDING hair spray
- safety pins
- lipstick
- WATER
- music that makes you wiggle
For Models:
Spare stockings (It is very easy to put a gigantic run in even a new pair)
Your favorite lipstick
Bobby pins!
Outfits that are put together well
Well thought out and/or rehearsed poses and expressions(I think that it is very important to be mentally prepared)
Well, being a model, I usually make sure I have

water
deodorant (when it's hot out)
tampons (you can never be too prepared!)
slip on shoes for walking (don't want to be in heels all day!)
backup hair and makeup stuff
All very good too know! I've had three weeks to fuss over what too wear for my next shoot and it's this weekend. I still can't make up my mind what too wear exactly.
I agree but fishnet hose do a lot to help the cellulite factor, and ultimately if the look requires a bikini or short shorts, then I'm willing to do a lil photoshop to make her look fab.

Shirley Rowe{★} said:
As a photograpers, I would say that properly fitting clothing is very important. Try on your outfit, look in the mirror and critique what you see. Then sit down and look again. If you see lumps or a roll hanging over your belt rethink that outfit. Spanx under clothing will help smooth out any extra skin. If you have celulite on your thighs and choose to wear short shorts, don't expect the photographer to be thrilled with the idea of spending an hour in photoshot to make you look like a supermodel. It is not your size that is the most important factor, it is apropriate clothing that fits well. Ask someone you trust to help you select an outfit that flatters your shape. Choose a photographer that is experienced at posing you to maxamize your positives and mimimize problem areas. Bring a good attitude and have fun.
Perfect! I even have the poses-saved photos- on my laptop for easy reference for the model.

Kim Coquette said:
For Models:
Spare stockings (It is very easy to put a gigantic run in even a new pair)
Your favorite lipstick
Bobby pins!
Outfits that are put together well
Well thought out and/or rehearsed poses and expressions(I think that it is very important to be mentally prepared)
As a photographer, I hope my models will bring a sense of fun, something cool to wear, something else to wear (also cool), an idea of some poses (an idea is enough for me) and PERSONALITY.

If you've got personality, you can pull off anything; without personality you'll make Chanel look like bin bags. It's as important as a camera is for me I think.
Hey All!

I need to thank Roxy for beginning this discussion. I will be having my very 1st photo shoot with Varga next month. I SO APPRECIATE the tips provided by everyone. I've been covering most of the bases, but now I can go FULLY prepared, and not frustrate my photographer! Thank you for saving my face!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service