Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I need to get some new brushes and wanted to see what brand everyone recommends.  I pretty much need to replace my whole set since my 3 year old found his artistic side and decided to "paint" with them.  I love MAC but they are are pretty darn pricey. Anyone use Sigma or do you build your set from various brands?

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i really like the bare minerals brushes, sigma is good too. my collection is made up of various brands. some mffx, some mac, some bare minerals, etc. etc.

i like the mffx ones, they are natural hair and their average price is about $3, she doesn't have them on the site but there are ways of going about ordering them. if you are interested, let me know. i'll send you a pic of all that she has and i'll give you her info. she's one of the sweetest ladies ever. hope this helped.
I hav,e a mixed set.  A few are the Sephora brand, Sebastian and mostly I use actual paint brushes from the art store.   I like the paint brushes the best, the handles are long, natural hair, and great angle brushes.
I use MAC mostly, but I also like the Sephora brand ones. If both of those are out of your price range, try Sonia Kashuk from Target. Any time I need a quick or emergency brush, those are  what I buy.
CrownBrush.com has a wide selection of brushes that are really inexpensive.  I have a lot of these brushes in my makeup kit.  I agree with Roxy, the MAC ones are great, but expensive.  I have also found that the Ulta Professional brand is pretty good as well, and affordable too.
Thanks so much for all your suggestions! You all rock!
Amanda Richards of true colors make up artistry in bethleham pa sells a russian or chinese set of brushes for $99 plus shipping.   They match 90% of my MAC brushes.  It's a great deal, and fab quality.
I have a mixed set, among them a set of Merle Norman brushes that I absolutely love, and that weren't ridiculously expensive.  I also really like to support them as a company because of their discount policy for chemo patients buying wigs, so there's that too.  But even without that, the brushes are great :)

MAC brushes are really good & goat hair brushes as well... U can get them @ Ebay  for really good prices

Gigi Golden

Hi everyone!

I agree with Miss Auburn, I use paint brushes for most of my makeup brushes and I love them. Princeton and Loew Cornell are my fave paint brush brands, great quality for a fab price!

Hi
I got my brushes from ebay, they are Fräulein 3°8. It's a company from Germany. They are made with animal bristle. I have a set of 25 and they come in a case. I'm very happy with them, I have them for over a year now. They also do other accessories and quite nice eyeshadow palettes. My friend bought 88 color one and its almost the same as the Coastal Scents and much cheaper.

The brushes that I use for myself and for when I'm doing professional makeup outside of work are a mix of Benefit, MAC and Lancome. My favourite of all are the MAC ones. For detailed/artistic/alternative makeup small nylon paint brushes are good because they clean easily but usually stay in a good shape use after use.

Also, when it comes to cleaning them, using shampoo and warm water works well and doesn't cost as much as brush cleaner, leave them on a window ledge to dry naturally as again it keeps them in better condition.

Hope this helps. :)

I am so glad that I found this discussion! I had posted this topic to another group to which I belong and only got a few answers. I currently have a mixed selection of brushes and I have been thinking if it is worth getting a whole set, maybe from Sigma. But I must admit that I love my MAC brushes even though they are a bit expensive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service