Advertise on PinupLifestyle
God, I am so sick of smoking. Hate the smell on my clothes, Hate my fingernails being yellow, hate having to brush my teeth after every smoke, hate spending so much money on them, the list could go on. Thus is why I want to quit. >.<
As much as I want to quit cold turkey, it's going to be a difficult feat for me. So I was considering the electronic cigarette, I have recently tried one backstage of a show and really enjoyed it. You can smoke it virtually anywhere since it's just vaporized water, *here is a link for you to read* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette
They are a little pricey at first but benefit you in the end, and end up costing a whole lot less than buying cigarettes would. So..... Anyone tried this?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't try the electronic cigarettes (i quit smoking a few months ago), but the best thing that helped me quit having the urge was not giving myself the time to want a cigarette. Whether it meant getting up just that few minutes later in the mornings, or leaving for work later, not having the time made me not realize I wanted it. Then when time rolled around that I was at a coffee shop or somewhere I'd normally smoke a lot, I just didn't want it anymore.
Maybe this will help you, or anyone trying to quit, but I have met someone who uses the electronic cigarettes and says they work well.
-Aubrey
I took the hard way out, cold turkey. It wasn't fun but it was the best decision I ever made. I have had a cigarette here and there over the last 10 years but for the most part am completely over them. I cant remember the last time i've had one. Good luck, I know first hand how hard it is.

Daniel
Hey'a Doll,
As a musician who spend most'a his work'n time in venues & bars (smoke'n 'r not) it's been my exp that works.............Habit change is key...........Let's see here.....The M&M's do'nt fall thru the holes in my hands from (crusified) be'in perfect by any stretch, however as a Seattle native no smoke with Coffee & after the obvious ( meals & $@x) really breaks that cycle. Also when I do grab a crutch it's from my drumstick bag & it's rollies, due to lack of the chemicals that feed the crave'in...........FACT! The other factor is I can't find my rolling papers half the time............
Also as a drummer I chew BAZOOKA Joe bubble gum to keep my tempo & that helps the nic'habit! Not to mention the comics. What really stinks is when someone sees my flail'n for my tobacco bag.& offers me a "Taylor Made" cig.............Then it's on me at that point.
Old enough to know better, but still to young to give a s*** is what it comes down to.
When the pleasure becomes greater than the pain! Shhhhhhhh do'nt tell my bandmates this!
LOLOLOLO!
xo
HARLEY..................lOST IN THE sOUHT ON tOUR!
I smoked for almost 25 years, and quit cold turkey when my apartment complex went non-smoking. Coming up on two years now since I quit, and I have never felt better :) But as far as getting there, here's what I can offer in the way of advice.

1- Unless you are one of the very rare cases, you WILL gain some weight. Accept it and don't let it drive you crazy. Once you are solidly over the smoking habit, deal with the weight gain then. Trying to address both at the same time is just setting yourself up for failure.

2- Keep a bottle of water with you EVERYWHERE you go. When you start to crave a smoke, drink it. It will alleviate some of the craving and, as a side benefit, also ward off some of the potential weight gain.

3- Baby carrots and celery sticks are your friends during this time in your life as they have never been before. Embrace them and let them help you. Ditto for sugarless hard candies, stock up and keep them in your purse (next to your bottle of water).

And please feel free to send me ranting emails if you ever need to vent, I'm happy to listen.
There is always the pharmaceutical route. Chantix is pretty good as is the old-school Wellbutrin.
I quit cold turkey 5 years ago. It wasn't hard, just strange. I woke up and didn't want to smoke. Haven't since. Weird huh?

As for the electronic ones, I had a friend who was using them to quit. It worked well at first, but then it broke and he didn't want to buy a new one, so he went back to smoking. It was mainly laziness, the cigs were closer and cheaper then the electronic. But I think if you just stick with it, that can be a good way to do it.

Good luck!
Good luck hun! I feel silly saying this but an online ticker helped me quit. LOL after the first week I was like I made it this long I can go a little longer until I actually forgot about it. Which is weird cause the hubster smokes and I thought that would make it impossible. You can do this! New York and Tennessee both have public quit lines to help you, maybe you have something simmilar in your area.

I don't smoke, but I just wanted to say good luck. Both my parents decided to quit cold turkey on the same day (without talking to each other about it - weird) and they decided to save up the money they would have spent on cigarettes for something special. So maybe that's something you could do. Then, after a month, or whenever, you could buy yourself sumthin pretty with the $$ you would have spent on ciggies!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service