Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi dolls,

I am curious for opinions... I started learning burlesque last year and I am currently putting together a couple of acts that I can start peddling around. Both to Elvis songs, they are very cheesecake, cute and cheeky. One is pretty straight forward peeling and shimmying. But the other is a hula/tiki act and I have come to realise that I can only do the things I want to include if I have a chair.

A chair is going to really look odd on stage and not in keeping with the theme at all... my first thoughts have been learning towards making a very large half a coconut shell, which I think might just be makeable with enough papier mache and wooden framing or some such... but I would really appreciate it if people had any other ideas.

It basically has to be something I can safely sit on that will still be keeping with the theme.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about a tiki drum style stool? Or just a regular bar stool decorated with grass and flowers. Even a folding chair can be decorated to fit the theme.

It's my opinion that for a successful burlesque prop all you need is some hot glue and a little imagination.... and maybe some glitter!
Here's a few pix to get you started, I googled Tiki Chairs, thousands of ideas....

This one was from target, can't get much easier, or cheaper.

OMG Roxy! I love you so much! It's so obvious a solution and I completely missed it. Perfect!!

I will see about getting a tiki stool, but if it comes to it I can pick something up from a store and decorate it appropriately. I think my mind block came from only being able to visual a horrible boring chair in my head, lol.

Thanks also for the pics - you're awesome!

x

Roxy Tart {M} said:
How about a tiki drum style stool? Or just a regular bar stool decorated with grass and flowers. Even a folding chair can be decorated to fit the theme.

It's my opinion that for a successful burlesque prop all you need is some hot glue and a little imagination.... and maybe some glitter!
You're very welcome. That's what forums are for, sometimes all you need is a fresh pair of..... minds? LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service