Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hi Dolls!

I am compiling a list of best and worst products of 2011....  Leave your comments with the most fabulous and the most dreadful products of last year.  Can't wait to read about your experiences!

My Best:

The Porefessional primer from Benefit

Blow Hairspray by Blow

Naked Palet by Urban Decay

Butter Nail Polish

My Worst:

OPI gel nails

NYX glitter gel eyeshadow

Clinique Even Better Skin Corrector

MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara

Your turn..... :-)

Grins and Hairpins,

Kitty

Views: 932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the case you are still compiling my favorite from this year hands down has been Dior's Eyelash Primer (DiorShow Maximizer), DiorShow Blackout mascara and MAC'sSatin Spitfire lipstick (wonderwoman collection).  And believe it or not, cheap baby shampoo to clean my brushes :)!

Absolute worse you ask??  MAC's Zoomlash mascara...I bought it in Green is Green ;(

Best:

BeautiControl Liquid Eyeliner Pen

Maybelline ColorSensational Very Cherry lipstick

MAC False Lashes mascara

I Am Trouble True Black eyeshadow/liner

Worst:

MAC stick foundation (thankfully, it's been discontinued)

L'oreal Color Riche True Red lipstick (goes on sheer and "true" red turns pink)

BEST-

I swear by Atelier Waterproof Liquid Foundation and Atelier Almond Green Corrector- been using them every day for just over a year. They are first foundation and concealer I have found that actually cover my blemishes and blend into my skin tone! All the rest of their products are great as well, but these have made the most difference for me. 

WORST-

Maybelline Waterproof Falsies Mascara. A friend of mine used this and I actually asked her if she was wearing fake eyelashes it looked that good. I got it for myself and it didn't look even close to that, it was just like any other mascara I have used. I was pretty dissapointed. 

The best new purchasing I did in 2011 was the Body Shop lips scrub. I love it. Can't think of an absolute worst one at the moment.

BEST: Seche Vite fast-drying top coat. I swear the stuff is magical! It can fix small mistakes, it seals your polish in for what seems like weeks, and it really does dry your whole manicure in a flash! Seriously, run out and buy yourself a bottle NOW. Sally carries it in store, and for $2 less than Ulta.

WORST: Hands down, Veet Supreme'Essence spray on hair removal cream. Velvet Rose Fragrance, my ass. It smells terrible, and it was 3 days before my bathroom was clear of the stench. It's also incredibly sloppy to use: when applied according to directions, half the product is wasted overspray. I'd probably put up with it all if it actually removed hair, but I still had to shave immediately afterwards! FAIL.

My favorite find of last year for everyday wear was Maybelline The falsies volum' express flared in waterproof very black. I have tried so many different mascaras both cheap and expensive and finally found this cute and cheap little lifesaver. I also found Benefit Erase Paste thanks to my best friend. We both have under eye circles and fair skin and this does the trick in hiding imperfections! I also have a best/worst beauty story: This year I developed terrible rosacea due to my Irish ancestry and major stress! I began getting red, flaky skin around my nose, on my cheeks and around my mouth. It was horrible and I tried many products that claimed to be for sensitive skin or to be as gentle as water. I tried all the name brand products like Aveeno, Neturogena and Basis. None of them worked. In the end I had to do some research and I found a product called California Baby. (You can buy online or at Target in the baby section) I began using their gentle wash and the Calendula cream on my face. These products are especially made for babies and people with skin ailments or sensitive skin. These combined with a dose of antibiotic from my doctor and my skin cleared up! The bumps went away and the redness is in check by using these wonderful products. After months of enduring this embarrassment I felt so relieved to have my face back to normal. My mother also has terrible seborrhea on her scalp and body. I directed her to the California Baby conditioner and lotion and her skin is now also back to normal and after months of using harsh dandruff shampoos, her hair is soft again. I know this sounds like a product endorsement but I can't help but spread the word because the results were amazing.

Tiddleywink Vintage said:

BEST: Seche Vite fast-drying top coat. I swear the stuff is magical! It can fix small mistakes, it seals your polish in for what seems like weeks, and it really does dry your whole manicure in a flash! Seriously, run out and buy yourself a bottle NOW. Sally carries it in store, and for $2 less than Ulta.

WORST: Hands down, Veet Supreme'Essence spray on hair removal cream. Velvet Rose Fragrance, my ass. It smells terrible, and it was 3 days before my bathroom was clear of the stench. It's also incredibly sloppy to use: when applied according to directions, half the product is wasted overspray. I'd probably put up with it all if it actually removed hair, but I still had to shave immediately afterwards! FAIL.

Oh, yes. I had this hair removal cream too. I forgot it. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. A terrible smell all around and it didn't remove a single hair.

Best:

Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder is amazing stuff! I have fine colored hair and it has amazing hold!

Redken All Soft Shampoo & Conitioner Line to repair all the abuse

Cover Girl Lash Blast, amazing stuff really opens your eyes up.

Worst:

Wella for Red Hair shampoo & conditioner, made my hair feel like a brillo pad.

Best, Lorac Front of the Line,  liquid eyeliner.

Best, Monster Red Lipstick, by Beauty Queen

Best, Besame Red, Red Lipstick, by Besame

Oribe dry shampoo

Worst

Kat V.D Eyeshadow, gets all over your face

Almay liquid liner, the black is basically gray and fads right off...

Here's a video of me talking about my all time favorite beauty products :)

Agree with Redken Allsoft 100%. I use all Redken products for my hair.

YveDior said:

Best:

Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder is amazing stuff! I have fine colored hair and it has amazing hold!

Redken All Soft Shampoo & Conitioner Line to repair all the abuse

Cover Girl Lash Blast, amazing stuff really opens your eyes up.

Worst:

Wella for Red Hair shampoo & conditioner, made my hair feel like a brillo pad.

I, like most every woman, am a complete make-up junkie. I'm always trying to find the perfect products. Here is my list of favourites and not so awesome products:

Favourites:

Stila One Step Color Correct - it provides a perfectly smooth base for the rest of your make-up, while almost completely eliminating the need for colored concealors.

Benefit Coralista Blush - I have to admit, I am mildly obsessed with Benefit, but this blush is super blendable, and great on almost every skintone

Smashbox Limitless Liquid Eyeliner - this pen is hands down my favourite product ever. The pen gives you solid control, and the eyeliner itself is water resistant and completely smudge proof. The only downfall to this is that the tip can get clogged quite easily by shadow, causing a not so smooth line

Too Faced Lipstick in Runway Red - super pigmented and long wearing

Not So Great Products:

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara - super clumpy and dries out very fast. Definitely not a good value.

John Frieda Blonde Shampoos and Conditioners - all garbage in my opinion. Dries out your hair, and its greasy the next day!

I hope this list will be helpful for most of you <3

xoxo
jK

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends: