Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I'm re-doing my bathroom and my plan is to theme it 1950s Beauty Parlor inspired. So I figured I'd get some opinions and ideas before I start. If you were gonna do it, with no budget, what would you do? What colors for the walls, the floor? What is the one thing you would HAVE to have?

I have some ideas, but I'm always open to new ones.

Here's what my bathroom looks like now:

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well deco for a 50's beauty shop bathroom - kinda goes with out saying, but: i would keep the wall color- it is very kitchy already- and no cost there...... i would get black and white large 12" tiles, for the floor- you could get them at a RE-STORE for BOTTOM $$- or even the amount that you would need is so small- that it wouldnt be too much $$$ for you... i would even move the shelfs to the right of the sink- down to the wall socket, and drill a h*** in the shelf- so there isnt a gap between the outlet, and the shelf- that way you could plug in ,and keep your hot tools on that shelf.... you could also put a light pink paint on the cabinets- and apply new fixtures-also things that are not a HUGE revamp- so again, you could get at a re-store, or for a rock bottom $$....   if you had an old dryer hood- it would be cute to put over the toilet..... i hope this helps... i HEART your new bathroom idea!!! (mine is currently VERY VERY nautical- and i'm takin your net idea- with the roof, and maybe put some floats and starfish in it!!!)
xoxo SSS

Thanks Sue! I know I could keep the wall color, but I'm just not sure... I was thinking a lighter blue or a pink maybe. I'm going to get a new sink and toilet, although I haven't decided on pink or black yet. I dye my hair a lot, so a black sink would make the most sense, but I love the idea of a pink one...... I totally plan on putting an old dryer hood over the toilet! That was one of my first ideas, lol.

I found this picture of a old doll set, it's pretty cute I think, and not a bad jumping off point.

I'm glad your using the net idea, I always meant to put starfish and stuff in it, but it just never got done. I think it's a cute touch though.

I'd say do the walls pink and keep the shelves and the little cabinet the color they are, maybe paint the cabinet under the sink to match the shelves. I do agree on moving the shelf lower as already suggested.

I like the idea of matching the cabinet to the shelves. I was gonna paint it white, but I think the blue will be cool. Maybe with white doors or knobs. Then pink walls with a black toilet and a black sink......

So looks like my colors are pink with blue, black and white highlights.

Anyone have any ideas for the floor? I like the black and white checkers idea, but I think I'm gonna do the kitchen like that.

i like the idea from the pink photo- to do a simple black pinstripe to make it look period correct.... do the black sink then- i know how crazy it is to color your own hair in the bathroom!!!-only problem with black- the lacker might come off the bowl and it will start to fade if you dont clean the color out enough- when you color your hair in there- wash the sink GOOD! 
do the floor like the pink bathroom shown above- blue and light blue checkers~
xoxo
good luck! - i love projects!
You could go either bubble gum pink, lilac or my personal fave colour cadillac aqua green. I hope you post after photos. I'd love to see what you go for.

I LOVE the Black and White checkerboard tiles for the bathroom. No reason why you can't have the same flooring in both rooms. And there is always a chance that you will get a discount on purchasing bulk tiles. :)

P.S. Let me know when you're ready to paint. I'll call TC!
He'll be living here, I think I got it covered. LOL

KatieSweet said:
P.S. Let me know when you're ready to paint. I'll call TC!

Oh, Duh! LOL I keep forgetting that part... 

He should wear a painters outfit! The white coveralls with a work shirt underneath. Then you can take pictures of him and turn in into a Blue Collar Pin Up! :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service