Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I think your scent is as important if not more than the clothes...what scents do you wear and why?

Me: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain created in 1912...it's my absolute decadent pleasure. so many layers...it's like a drug to me.
and...
Paris by Yves Saint Laurent created in 1983. I have been wearing this for approximately 21 years. (my first bottle was a shoplifted tester from the dillard's fragrance counter...teen angst) It's my tried and true "everyday" scent. It's heady and playful...not too tart...like me.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to wear Anna Sui- Dreams, as it's the only scent I've worn that boys comment on "smelling nice". My signature scent however, until recently was Jean Paul Gaultier.
I find it smells strange to me now, although people associate it with me. I am switching to Angel by Thierry Mugler, which will be weird as I use up the last of Gaultier.
When Angel first came out, I thought it was horrible, and it didn''t smell right on me. Gaultier smelt good. Now. Vice versa. Over time, I think your body changes, and the scents you can use..
ohhh Coco Mademoiselle!! Luv It!
Harmony Walker said:
ohhh Coco Mademoiselle!! Luv It!

*coff* my mum likes to wear that..... um.. sorry. mNo way to make that sound good.
Féminité du Bois by Shiseido (1992, Chris Sheldrake and Pierre Bourdon under the direction of Serge Lutens). A chypre "...centered around a cedarwood note that stays present from the top to the base notes. Combined with the dark fruitiness of peach and plum, the sweetness of honey, the ripeness of roses, the spiciness of cinnamon and clove, and the smoothness of sandalwood..." I don't know about the peach/plum/honey/rose/cinnamon/clove, but it's definitely a strong cedar note that's balanced with something.
I first found it at a sample sale at the Shiseido warehouse in NJ when it was originally introduced. It isn't exported to the States, but I bought a few bottles when I was in London. The rep told me to store the bottles in my refrigerator so they'll keep longer! And when I run out? Well, I guess I'll have to go back to Europe. ;)
Wink, you and I are were meant to be friends. that tip about the fridge is priceless. L'heure bleue will go out of production in the states, if not already, and i must stock-pile.
There are ways of getting your scent as long as it's in production SOMEWHERE. But why not use it as an excuse to go to Paris? ;) I highly recommend GoAhead Tours for well-priced European travel.

Amanda Brooks said:
Wink, you and I are were meant to be friends. that tip about the fridge is priceless. L'heure bleue will go out of production in the states, if not already, and i must stock-pile.
one of the main reasons I visited this last summer...would not leave without a visit to Guerlain. They treated me like a queen. i was hot, sweaty, with a 5 year old and they treated me like absolute royalty. they even gave my kid a bottle of pure perfume for her to take home. wow. some people scoff at certain things as excessive or pretentious, but your scent is non-negotiable
Maybe it's because I'm a little too boyish, or maybe because I can't resist that delicious smell that guys ever so often achieve, but my choice scent is actually Armani Code by Giorgio Armani.
Most perfumes end up smelling too sweet for my taste, but this cologne is so perfect - it's intoxicating but not cloying, and every time I catch a bit of the scent I feel like I'm wrapped up in someone's arms.
The first time I wore it was to a friend's party and whenver I greeted somebody with a hug, both genders would actually sigh and linger just a second too long. It made me chuckle. Scent is such a powerful thing.
I love Gardenias and lillys. I found a vendor at a car show called Bunny and Cloud who mixes her own perfumes. I wear a scent she calls "Kitty" which is Gardenia with a hint of Lilly. When I wear it, I have people constantly asking me what it is and people looking around saying "Who smells good?"
Gardenias are my favorite!! I buy a new kind everytime I go to Hawaii. For some reason, the gardenia and plumeria scented ones smell more "authentic" when made in Hawaii. Others that i've tryed smell too floral or sweet and not at all like the actual flowers.

Kim Bombshell said:
I love Gardenias and lillys. I found a vendor at a car show called Bunny and Cloud who mixes her own perfumes. I wear a scent she calls "Kitty" which is Gardenia with a hint of Lilly. When I wear it, I have people constantly asking me what it is and people looking around saying "Who smells good?"
Juicy Couture is my new signature scent. I love it. Pretty and strong but not over powering.
I too love Anna Sui perfumes. They have been a favorite for a long time.

Wild Card Kitty said:
I try to wear Anna Sui- Dreams, as it's the only scent I've worn that boys comment on "smelling nice". My signature scent however, until recently was Jean Paul Gaultier.
I find it smells strange to me now, although people associate it with me. I am switching to Angel by Thierry Mugler, which will be weird as I use up the last of Gaultier.
When Angel first came out, I thought it was horrible, and it didn''t smell right on me. Gaultier smelt good. Now. Vice versa. Over time, I think your body changes, and the scents you can use..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service