Advertise on PinupLifestyle

As artists, how do you find muses? Do you use one?

I've always wondered this about every artist I come by. I have noticed certain photographers will do their best work with a certain model and I've heard them use the term "Muse." Do they inspire you completely or do you work with them to create something wonderful?

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It makes you feel special when you are someone's muse :)
Someone told me once "I want you to be my muse." And well... that was it. I was stoked till I realized I really wasn't.

Marissa Lily said:
Awwww, sometimes you can't believe what guys say!

Cassie Wanda said:
Someone told me once "I want you to be my muse." And well... that was it. I was stoked till I realized I really wasn't.

Marissa Lily said:
I'm not an artist but I have a muse.
I guess my muse is different from what you are saying. She is an inspiration and she drives me. If I fail I do not blame her, I know she is not responsible, I only feel sad that I could not live up to the things she believes I can do. That is why she is my muse, because she sees in me what I do not.

Bianca Venice said:
My muses? People I have an intense "moment" with. That inspire me, that radiate...sometimes they piss me off but the experience it meaningful in that I learned something new, created a kick ass product, or just really made their day. (I LOVE making helping someone feel beautiful!)

Being a muse sucks :) . I wrote a blog on it once.. "It's like being put on a crystal pedestal, admired and adored. But, the artist will eventually (repeatedly) test your balance and one can only hope the inevitable fall results in light bruising and not broken bones. If they think you're responsible for their success, you will also be responsible for their failure".
I like this a lot. It makes me smile. Does she know?

Dottie Darling said:
I guess my muse is different from what you are saying. She is an inspiration and she drives me. If I fail I do not blame her, I know she is not responsible, I only feel sad that I could not live up to the things she believes I can do. That is why she is my muse, because she sees in me what I do not.

Bianca Venice said:
My muses? People I have an intense "moment" with. That inspire me, that radiate...sometimes they piss me off but the experience it meaningful in that I learned something new, created a kick ass product, or just really made their day. (I LOVE making helping someone feel beautiful!)

Being a muse sucks :) . I wrote a blog on it once.. "It's like being put on a crystal pedestal, admired and adored. But, the artist will eventually (repeatedly) test your balance and one can only hope the inevitable fall results in light bruising and not broken bones. If they think you're responsible for their success, you will also be responsible for their failure".
We talked about it once and cried our eyes out.

She knows that I don't see what she does and that I feel I owe a lot to her encouragement. She doesn't know that I would go as far as calling her my muse.

Cassie Wanda said:
I like this a lot. It makes me smile. Does she know?

Dottie Darling said:

Bianca Venice said:

You have a new muse every time a pretty girl walks through the doors of the salon. Now what they inspire you to do is completely different and unique. But Rob, my love, you probably have a half million muses.

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
My Muse... oh wow. This is a hell of a topic. I am forever bemused. It's a major ingredient for my life and everything I do.
How can I write about this? Better yet, how much should I write about this?
The biggest!

What can I say? I have a big heart!
You don't go looking for a muse. You can't. They find you. If you're lucky. It's a little like falling in love but it isn't love. It's a creative connectedness where muse and artist share an intense desire to make something beyond themselves. It's inspiration embodied. It's also very dangerous.
Roxy Valentine?

Did I mention My favorite Red Headed Muse?
Dangerous.

Monkeyboy said:
You don't go looking for a muse. You can't. They find you. If you're lucky. It's a little like falling in love but it isn't love. It's a creative connectedness where muse and artist share an intense desire to make something beyond themselves. It's inspiration embodied. It's also very dangerous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service