Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So that dreadful Valentine's Day has come and gone...and it really got me thinking about the sorry state of the dating scene here. And the quality of young guys in this town. I dunno is it the same elsewhere? In Toronto there are just too many guys who are obsessed with fitting into skinny jeans, shopping at American Apparel and listening to the latest hipster rock tripe.
It's so difficult to find a guy who likes decent music and dresses with some real style.
Also guys my age just seem rude and so self-centered. They can't even bothered to hold the door open for a girl, never mind hearing a compliment about your looks..
It makes me wish I'd been around in a different era like the 40s or 50s. So yeah depressing thoughts on Valentine's this year! : (
Is it this bad in other cities? I'd really like to know.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im married. but yes. it is that bad, from what i see. :-/
Keep ur head up! ;-) Things will turn around for you!<3
I think it's like that everywhere! Plus, age does have everything to do with it in my opinion. They have to have gone through an adult relationship involving some serious boot-camp before they come out like gentlemen and ready for a relationship. How else are they going to learn to control their tempers, clean up their socks, and take out the damn trash?! I'm not saying us ladies are innocent either. We have to get off of our Unicorns in Rainbow clouds with diamond rain before we are ready to compromise and choose our battles correctly. Mars and Venus is an understatement!
Uh yeah..I have dated older men..like in their late 30s! And yeah they're better then guys my age...in every aspect.

sfphotojournal said:
Date older men
No, I don't tolerate this behaviour. That's why I'm single in the first place. I don't put up with s*** from anyone anymore friend or romantic partner.

sfphotojournal said:
This simplest solution to your problem is - Don't tolerate this kind of behavior.

Do you get dressed up while your man dressed like a slob or a clown and you still go out with him?

Do you refuse to get out of the car or enter a building until your man opens the door?

Do you split or picked up the check?

D you make excuses for your man's boorish or infantile behaviour?

If you want to be treated in a certain manner demand it.
ohhhh my!! yep..time to come to Montreal!! All my guy friends are super adorable and nice (well mannered!) It sthe girls here that are like that pushy bossy and conceited!!

Lots of nice guys here!! but also it depends i hang out with alot of punk rockers and metal dudes..I said its the older metal guys (30-35) that are the sweetest!!
WORD.

sfphotojournal said:
This simplest solution to your problem is - Don't tolerate this kind of behavior.

Do you get dressed up while your man dressed like a slob or a clown and you still go out with him?

Do you refuse to get out of the car or enter a building until your man opens the door?

Do you split or picked up the check?

D you make excuses for your man's boorish or infantile behaviour?

If you want to be treated in a certain manner demand it.
It's not good and I agree with you. And I agree with sfphotojournal cause my husband is 10years older than me and- how surprising- he CAN open the door in front of me when we go out or CAN open the door of the car before I get out.... But I think we can't speak totally in general cause there are many younger man who know this rules.... I think they're very important for a girl.....what do you think?
Yup it's important..if I'm gonna go out with a guy I wanna be treated like a lady NOT like a drinking buddy or worse, your pet dog. Know what I mean? Yeah..

Ghoulina von Royal said:
It's not good and I agree with you. And I agree with sfphotojournal cause my husband is 10years older than me and- how surprising- he CAN open the door in front of me when we go out or CAN open the door of the car before I get out.... But I think we can't speak totally in general cause there are many younger man who know this rules.... I think they're very important for a girl.....what do you think?
Ok, old French metal head it is then! : P

And yeah most girls in Montreal are conceited and snobby..there's this one (I won't name names) who's a girlfriend of this band I had to interview for my film. She seems to hate me...don't know why. I never said anything mean to her..I swear!

Harmony Walker said:
ohhhh my!! yep..time to come to Montreal!! All my guy friends are super adorable and nice (well mannered!) It sthe girls here that are like that pushy bossy and conceited!!
Lots of nice guys here!! but also it depends i hang out with alot of punk rockers and metal dudes..I said its the older metal guys (30-35) that are the sweetest!!
It's a delicate game of balance gals =)
It's that bad everywhere, honey.
But eventually you'll get lucky and find a good one; and then you'll be even happier! Believe me!
<-- Lucky!
That's the truth. I was raised to open my own doors and pay my own way, but my boy sees things differently. We're both adjusting. :)

Daddy Cool {PL} said:
It's a delicate game of balance gals =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by