Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Something that I feel as a former user and purger of this substance should be addressed:

This, highly understudied/hazardous prescription drug is the number one in the country given for anxiety and bipolar disorder, however, 84% of doctors consider it dangerous and problematic.

How *logistically* can a drug that causes to many ill effects to its users be so highly prescribed?

The purging of this substance was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through and the most alienating and uncomfortable time of my life. My anxiety was actually better.... BEFORE.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

xanax addiction is no joke. i've been addicted to them b4 then quit just to start back up on them recently. i've lived with panic disorder for over 10 years now. it got to the point where I felt I couldnt function properly unless I had taken my xanax. I was re prescribed them for insomnia. I was given a large quantity with multiple refills. worst thing ever.

DD
This is precisely what I am talking about. After suffering similar problems, I can definitely say I empathize with you and wish you a strong will and strong mind. This kind of plague isn't cured, but can make you stronger.

Dear Daniel {★} said:
xanax addiction is no joke. i've been addicted to them b4 then quit just to start back up on them recently. i've lived with panic disorder for over 10 years now. it got to the point where I felt I couldnt function properly unless I had taken my xanax. I was re prescribed them for insomnia. I was given a large quantity with multiple refills. worst thing ever.

DD
I hear you on the panic disorder DD. I have it too, it seems to run in the family. I had to take xanax, but lucky for me I ended up switching to a more effective little pill.

Dear Daniel {★} said:

DD
Lots of Rx's are given despite their potential for harm. Chantix, the drug for stopping smoking can cause depression and suicidal thoughts, for example. Certain forms of birth control can cause blood clots and stroke! I also have panic disorder and have been on anti-depressants for years. I was recently prescribed a low dose of Klonopin and so far it has worked wonders! From what I understand, it's less addictive than other anti-anxiety drugs such as Xanax or Ativan. But those are still prescribed probably because the patient requests it and it's easier to give the patient what he wants rather than explore other options that may not be quite as potent. I'm actually glad that my doctor didn't prescribe me Xanax despite the fact that it's "good stuff" from what I've heard. I'd rather not mess with something that could be addictive. Therapy + low-dose drugs = higher likelihood of success.
i have severe panic disorder and have been on xanax for 7 years, worse w/d that heroin, way longer, you can seize, horrible. im on effexor, xanax, and just started abilify, i give it a 20! calms me, gives me hope, im not afraid anymore. back to the xanax i came off for a month and was twitching and a mess, more like living hell.

Lolita Black said:
I hear you on the panic disorder DD. I have it too, it seems to run in the family. I had to take xanax, but lucky for me I ended up switching to a more effective little pill.

Dear Daniel {★} said:

DD
You said it, cherri. Be careful what you put in your body and let influence your brain, because it could be the biggest mistake of your life.

Cherri Bombe said:
Lots of Rx's are given despite their potential for harm. Chantix, the drug for stopping smoking can cause depression and suicidal thoughts, for example. Certain forms of birth control can cause blood clots and stroke! I also have panic disorder and have been on anti-depressants for years. I was recently prescribed a low dose of Klonopin and so far it has worked wonders! From what I understand, it's less addictive than other anti-anxiety drugs such as Xanax or Ativan. But those are still prescribed probably because the patient requests it and it's easier to give the patient what he wants rather than explore other options that may not be quite as potent. I'm actually glad that my doctor didn't prescribe me Xanax despite the fact that it's "good stuff" from what I've heard. I'd rather not mess with something that could be addictive. Therapy + low-dose drugs = higher likelihood of success.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service