Advertise on PinupLifestyle
First post ever here.

Let me preface my request with this: I know I could probably get this type of info at any number of photography forums and boards out there, but I wanted to start my journey here because you all seem like such great people and I'm sure you know a trick or two.

My wife and I are your run-of-the-mill rockabilly-type couple. (Wait... are any of us around here run-of-the-mill?) We go to shows, drink beer, have fun. I can even pluck some strings and jam if I want to. We've restored a 'rod or two, etc. But up until now, my wife has never allowed me (or anyone) to take real pinup photos of her. This is a shame, because she truly looks like a vintage glamour gal.

Recently, she changed her tune. The catalyst was the birth of our twin girls - Georgette and Kenzie. It's been a little over a year and she thought she would never get her figure back. Now that she's almost there, and after being afraid she had lost her chance forever, she wants to get some photos done. We're both up for her eventually getting some proper "professional" photos done at some point, but she wants to start with me.

My dilemma is that I've never really done much in the way of indoor/studio/portrait photography. Oh I've taken my share of landscape shots (and even won a contest here and there) and I've surely taken more than my share of car photos. I'm quite proficient with my cameras and am not afraid of them, but I just need to know a bit more about lighting and composition with a live human model.

I'm already researching and reading up on the subject, but any tips and tricks all you fabulous photographers and models out there may have for me and my wife would be vastly appreciated. You can bet I'll be back to share our photos when done.

Thanks!

-Landon

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Landon.... For simple cheesecake style photo's ( easy studio stuff ) Check out Miss Missy Photography's page ... AWESOME WORK !!!

VERY EASY TO LIGHT AND SHOOT...... any questions ask away bro ... FBP

Greetings Landon:

My wife Suzie bought me a great book from Nigel Holmes entitled "Nigel Holmes Glamour Masterclass". You can find them on Amazon.com and it's a series. They're great and show us newbies how to do quite alot with one light, a good camera and some computer skills, in a step by step format that is so easy to follow it's amazing. Do purchase photoshop elements. It does most of the things that it's big brother does.

It's great to see another couple thinking of doing the same thing we're doing here!! Looking forward to seeing your work.

All "pin up" is is derivative commercial art.

Get this book

http://www.amazon.com/Peep-Machine-Pin-Ups-1940s-1950s-Mutoscope-Sc...

Every pose and look you'll ever need are in it.

Just point to the picture and have the girl mimic it.

It ain't hard.

Study light and get it right before you go to Photoshop.  You can fix a lot of problems, but you can't fix bad or mediocre lighting.  It really is the difference between a nice little snapshot and a memorable portrait.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service