Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hello..I'm just wondering if anyone here would be interested in watching a documentary about psychobilly bands from Canada? Yeah I'm working on it now..trying to find some editors. But I really wanna know what others think of this. Would you bother to go see this is at local movie theatre (or more likely film fest) ?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Documentaries are freaking awesome!! I would so go check one out on a psychobilly band in a theatre or at a film fest. I makes no difference to me!!!! Let us know when its done...
yeah i would! i love documentaries and i dont know much about the scene in canada, i would watch! unfortuatly im not in canada, but if it came out to rent, i would rent it!
yup!! we defintely need more films done about Canadian psycobilly. I would go see it!
You could look up Patricia Chica and her documentary "Rockabilly 514". She should be able to help you. Her film is Canadian based as well. www.rockabilly514.com
Hi, thanks for the support! I'm glad some people like the idea..although I'm sure it'll be a tough sale to regular folks who listen to Britney Spears and watch "Four Christmases". Well, I geuss they're not the intended audience anyway. But I'd like as many people to see it as possible.

And yeah I've met Patricia Chica actually. I don't think she can help me much because she's in Montreal and I'm in Toronto..that's over 7 hours in a car. But she was nice enough and it gives me some hope that my doc can get somewhere.
that would be cool!!! you should... psychobilly'EAST'canada ROCKS!!!!
no psychobilly on Vancouver Island! people like it, some creepy rockabilly... but it is BLOOD out there!! the bands are evil! that would make for a great movie!
when will it be ready?
my hotrod gang has a huge party in the summer, and we set up a huge drive in movie, and that would be a killer movie to show.... june/july (will it be ready?)
Yeah that would be sweet! I definitly wanna go show it in Victoria. I lived in Vancouver I already interviewed and have show footage about bands from there..like Dead Cats and Big John Bates. I'm not too strict about the label "psychobilly" because it's such a small scene in Canada.

Soda Shop Sue said:
that would be cool!!! you should... psychobilly'EAST'canada ROCKS!!!!
no psychobilly on Vancouver Island! people like it, some creepy rockabilly... but it is BLOOD out there!! the bands are evil! that would make for a great movie!
when will it be ready?
my hotrod gang has a huge party in the summer, and we set up a huge drive in movie, and that would be a killer movie to show.... june/july (will it be ready?)
I say totally go for it. Your best bet is the fest route, theatrical is a huge hurdle to get over. A dvd release is very do-able. To get distribution you'll really need to make sure all is in order, the contract requirements are lengthy. But none of that stuff comes in to play at fests.
How far off from a final cut? Some fests will let you submit a rough cut, knowing that submission deadlines and screening dates are usually months apart.
If you're not already on withoutabox.com, you'll want to do it. There's only a few fests that don't use it and those are the majors: Sundance, Telluride etc...
You'll quickly go broke with submission fees and withoutabox really helps you target what is going where.

If you're still having trouble finding a local editor drop me a line.

I've kind of been through the fest mill a bit, got some small screenings etc, so I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you! I'll let you know if I can't find an editor soon. And yeah I'm signed up to withoutabox that's important!

Filmmonkey said:
I say totally go for it. Your best bet is the fest route, theatrical is a huge hurdle to get over. A dvd release is very do-able. To get distribution you'll really need to make sure all is in order, the contract requirements are lengthy. But none of that stuff comes in to play at fests.
How far off from a final cut? Some fests will let you submit a rough cut, knowing that submission deadlines and screening dates are usually months apart.
If you're not already on withoutabox.com, you'll want to do it. There's only a few fests that don't use it and those are the majors: Sundance, Telluride etc...
You'll quickly go broke with submission fees and withoutabox really helps you target what is going where.

If you're still having trouble finding a local editor drop me a line.

I've kind of been through the fest mill a bit, got some small screenings etc, so I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
Sounds like an interesting flick. I heard about Rockabilly 514 a while back and I'm still waiting for the opportunity to catch it. A look from the psychobilly side could be rad!
Glad you like the idea! : )
cool, so your going to do it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by