Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Cold Weather Pin Ups. What to wear and how to wear it.

So I'm all about folding up my jeans and having capris on EVERYDAY in the summer... unless I have on a cute sundress. So what the heck am I gonna do come winter? It happenes every year, I get all grumpy after fall when I feel like it's time to retire my pencil skirts and halter dresses and peep toes and .... I'm just not happy about it. I feel like I can't a good vintage style going with freakin' pants on. What do you ladies wear in the winter? Am I the only wimp that tucks her cute skirts in the back of the closet?

Views: 23008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We just moved to Idaho in October and it is legit cold here. I am definitely not wearing a cute coat right now. I just don't want to freeze my butt off. I really would like a a pretty coat that is genuinely warm enough to wear in below freezing temps since that's what it has been like here for several weeks now. Sigh...I miss living in the south. lol.

It's getting cold again, so I'm bumping this thread to remind us of the cute winder things we can wear. As always, feel free to add on any new ideas, and post pix!

Collectif has really amazing winter coats this year, and they cater for plus sized women, so yay for me! I ordered one last week, but I may or may not be waiting for another one to go back in stock for me to order it as well. I also bought a ton of brooches from Erstwilder, because a cute brooch is the perfect final touch to a coat, Erstwilder makes many vintage style brooches that are to die for! I must have around 20 already.

I got two of Miss L Fire winter boots from this year's collection and scored one from last years collection that I was in love with, the last one on my size from an online shop, and they are really comfortable and cute, I also ordered a couple of fugg boots from Iron Fist, they are adorable and better looking than uggs, at least the fuggs/fuglies are ugly in a cute way. :D

And there are my jeans, two I can not tuck inside my boots (one from freddies of pinewood and one from vivien of holloway) and two I ordered two (one black, one blue) from collectif during their 50% off black friday sale  that have an adorable high waist but skinny legs, so I can tuck them inside my fuggs.

I also  have 4 beautiful Cornelia James gloves (they are expensive, but they were worthy every penny in my opinion): http://www.corneliajames.com/Day-Gloves-by-Cornelia-James

So many gorgeous outfits posted in this conversation. Thanks for the ideas ladies :)

So towards the end of last winter I went to a local vintage shop and scored a great wool tweed coat that I would assume is early 60's. It's lined in some sort of fleece type fabric and goes all the way down to just below my knees. Pretty much all of my boots come up to just under my knees, so between the coat and the boots I'm covered, but I also put on a pair of fleece lined tights if I'm going to wear a skirt or dress. Then it's gloves, a cowl style scarf, and a hood style hat (gotta keep my ears covered) and I'm good to go! It's been in the single digits up to about 20F lately and I've been totally fine outside! I'd say the biggest investment were the boots. The coat was around $40 or so, and I knit the cowl and hat myself out of wool I had on hand. Cheap and chic, honey.

Today i am going to the salvation army for some high wasted pants FINALLY! Hahahah i am new to this lifestyle and i have some clothes but im getting a little stressed out on trying to put outfits together (i have not bought any clothes since i've started going pinup). Finding myself almost not wanting to do my winged eyeliner and bumper bangs, because i will get so flustered on trying to find what to wear. So i need to get some more pants and some shirts. I have the makeup and hair down, oh and i need shoes i have some chucks but the fabric on them is like blue and purple plaid. therefore they don't really match with anything. Guess its all apart of a process.

Anyone have any tips for my frustration?

p.s. thanks for listening/reading :D

<3 kelsey 

I wore this outfit today, so I snapped a picture of it:

atomik_momma said:

So towards the end of last winter I went to a local vintage shop and scored a great wool tweed coat that I would assume is early 60's. It's lined in some sort of fleece type fabric and goes all the way down to just below my knees. Pretty much all of my boots come up to just under my knees, so between the coat and the boots I'm covered, but I also put on a pair of fleece lined tights if I'm going to wear a skirt or dress. Then it's gloves, a cowl style scarf, and a hood style hat (gotta keep my ears covered) and I'm good to go! It's been in the single digits up to about 20F lately and I've been totally fine outside! I'd say the biggest investment were the boots. The coat was around $40 or so, and I knit the cowl and hat myself out of wool I had on hand. Cheap and chic, honey.

Without sidetracking this thread, my tip is to read this forum. We have a TON of threads about pinup/rockabilly wardrobes and shopping. This thread is great for cold weather ideas, but you can find more general ideas by scanning the Fashion and Shopping forum. :)

Kelsey Monter said:

Today i am going to the salvation army for some high wasted pants FINALLY! Hahahah i am new to this lifestyle and i have some clothes but im getting a little stressed out on trying to put outfits together (i have not bought any clothes since i've started going pinup). Finding myself almost not wanting to do my winged eyeliner and bumper bangs, because i will get so flustered on trying to find what to wear. So i need to get some more pants and some shirts. I have the makeup and hair down, oh and i need shoes i have some chucks but the fabric on them is like blue and purple plaid. therefore they don't really match with anything. Guess its all apart of a process.

Anyone have any tips for my frustration?

p.s. thanks for listening/reading :D

<3 kelsey 

Okay thank you lol ya once I read mine comment over I did realize I was kinda off topic sorry for that. And thank you guys for all the input on winter style :)

I just bought these adorable jackets. So excited to wear them! It almost makes the cold bearable. 

When styled correctly I think they'll fit perfectly into my pinup wardrobe. 

That top one is amazing!!

Roxy Tart {PL Team / Comm. Mgr} said:

I just bought these adorable jackets. So excited to wear them! It almost makes the cold bearable. 

When styled correctly I think they'll fit perfectly into my pinup wardrobe. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service