Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Cold Weather Pin Ups. What to wear and how to wear it.

So I'm all about folding up my jeans and having capris on EVERYDAY in the summer... unless I have on a cute sundress. So what the heck am I gonna do come winter? It happenes every year, I get all grumpy after fall when I feel like it's time to retire my pencil skirts and halter dresses and peep toes and .... I'm just not happy about it. I feel like I can't a good vintage style going with freakin' pants on. What do you ladies wear in the winter? Am I the only wimp that tucks her cute skirts in the back of the closet?

Views: 23008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, warm fuzzy cardigan sweaters with high waisted pencil skirts and thicker tights are great for winter pinup style. I live in WA state and it gets cold here. not freezing, but still. you can rock the pinup look in warm clothes. no problem. it's a lot of fun!
this weekend while doing my rounds at the local antiques shop, oi came across these vintage jeans lined with flannel and definitely meant to be rolled up.... so cute for winter!!

They looks so warm and ridiculously cute!

lily true said:
this weekend while doing my rounds at the local antiques shop, oi came across these vintage jeans lined with flannel and definitely meant to be rolled up.... so cute for winter!!

Sweater sets and pencil skirts w/ tights. I like my Heartbreaker Fashion Spy Girl dress with a slip and tights on underneath and a cute jacket on top - it keeps me pretty warm in the winter. Vintage sweater/skirt suits are good. A shot of jagermeister will warm you up too.
cheers
Do you ladies really like wearing tights? I know they are the best way to keep your legs warm, but I hate tights, pantyhose, and all things like them. I'd rather freeze..... so tell me, how do you ladies wear them comfortably?
Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Do you ladies really like wearing tights? I know they are the best way to keep your legs warm, but I hate tights, pantyhose, and all things like them. I'd rather freeze..... so tell me, how do you ladies wear them comfortably?
Only if they have a very high cotton content. I hate pantyhose too - very uncomfortable and ugly. Hue makes a footless tight that feels like a light legging and isn't all that bad.
So many great tips here, thanks girls!

I live in Finland, last winter it was around -25 celcius degrees for almost three months straight so it's hard to try to keep up with cute look when eyelashes and hair turns into frozen sticks.

Normally in winter I wear suede biker boots or cute girly military boots (I have to walk a lot so heels are no choise) with leggings, highwaisted jeans, woolen stockings and knee high legwarmers on top of it, WITH wool jacket, blouse, gloves and headscarf. So it's all about layers and warm fabrics, but the layers don't have to be ugly! Just that I have to forget hourglass figure for winter and go for the cute girly look instead..

I'm happy that the fall is here and I can wear wool, gloves and berets again!
actually i love both pantyhose and tights, but i'm usually cold so the extra material compared to stockings is nice....and i *might* only get the kind with super control tops to aid in that smooth line under clothes

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Tessa LeTaunt has a great post on pinupdillhouse.com about making your own super cute clips!

Riotgirl Lynne said:
I've been looking for sweater clips.

Corinne said:
Ok, totally off topic, but I just got a genius idea. I have a buch of my Nanny's (great-gramma's) old jewlery, all pins and earings and pearl necklaces.... I'm gonna try to make a sweater clip from a pair of earings and a necklace. Most of her earings were clips and a lot of her 'pearls' were like the ones on the sweater clip above with the black roses... I'm so doing that!!
I don't like pantyhose or tights, either. Anything with a crotch that will inevitably sag! I bought these a while back and I'm patiently waiting for cold weather so I can wear them with my black pleated skirt!
Photobucket
www.sockdreams.com

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
I found a website that sells those black rose sweater clips: http://www.1000markets.com/users/18919/products/207681?utm_source=g...
It totally matches a pair of earrings and a ring I have! These are mine!

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Ahhhhh, cardigans and sweater clips, two of my favorite things!!

I think you mean pinup DOLL house, sweetie.

Delyssia LaBelle {Madam} said:
Tessa LeTaunt has a great post on pinupdillhouse.com about making your own super cute clips!

Riotgirl Lynne said:
I've been looking for sweater clips.

Corinne said:
Ok, totally off topic, but I just got a genius idea. I have a buch of my Nanny's (great-gramma's) old jewlery, all pins and earings and pearl necklaces.... I'm gonna try to make a sweater clip from a pair of earings and a necklace. Most of her earings were clips and a lot of her 'pearls' were like the ones on the sweater clip above with the black roses... I'm so doing that!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service