Advertise on PinupLifestyle

What do others think of using wigs or hairpieces for pinup shoots?  I'm thinking of wigs that are already styled for the appropriate time period of one's costume/look, of course.  I've bought a few and know the synthetic ones don't always look great out of the package.  Before I run off and blow money on lots of wigs, I wanted to get some opinions.  :)

Views: 916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cherri, I love that aqua. :)   Are there any problems with posing for shoots and wearing wigs?  I guess they just need to be secured to one's head pretty well?    I took bellydance classes and envied the other women for their long hair, but figured a wig or hairpiece could come off during a turn.  I don't know if there's any risk of that for shoots.
Wigs are the way to go! I just bought one short wig, and three long wigs! I love them. A quick and easy way to switch up your look.

I wear wigs almost all the time. Full ones, half ones, hair pieces, extensions.... you name it, I have it. I have those I wear for every day, for shows, and for photo shoots. Long, short, natural, crazy... I love them. You don't have to pay a fortune to get good wigs, I've never spent more then $60 on one. No one can tell they are wigs, and even friends will tell me they like my new cut or color if I wear a new one and they haven't seen me for a few weeks. Most wigs need a bit of styling or cutting when you get them, but if you have someone you trust who does your hair well, chances are she can also cut your wig. I live in the ghetto, and there are about 10 wig shops in a 5 mile radius from my house, that's where I get all mine, ghetto wig shops. Good quality, cheap price. I'm gonna start spending a little more because I want some specialized ones made, and I'll be checking out Vegas Girl for sure.

Also, wig shops will let you try on wigs if you spend a dollar and buy a wig cap. I never buy without trying on. If they won't let you, go somewhere else. If you don't need a wig cap to try on, go somewhere else. Here's a few pics of me in a few of my wigs, you can see if you buy the right ones, they can look really good.

All the hair in the back in these shots are hair pieces:

And some of my full wigs:

I'm going to go wig shopping soon myself. Theres always better sales online, but I want to go to an actual store and try some on to see what I think first.

I'm thinking 40's curls look..or red or black hair wigs :)

Hi dear! just saw your post there is alot you can do with extra hair I have seen some amazing work with multi strands and length and color, synthetic works well with minimal investment, like vintage it can be a pc that is damage but still look great in a shoot, its how its all put together and styled...Incidentally, i just listed an entire lot of wigs on craigslist...I sold alot to burlesque troops and stylists but this is the last of them, bargained priced to... if you have further interest send me an message, here is the link...

http://scranton.craigslist.org/hab/2376608865.html

I personally LOVE wigs! I always get bored with my natural hair and end up cutting it before it has a chance to get any length to it. I've always worn half wigs because I can just brush my hair over the top and it looks completely natural. I originally got one because Im a belly dancer and I like the idea of having long hair for certain performances. Im lazy so I usually just shove a hair pin on each side and call it a day and they stay on really well (I've actually performed a few times without a single hair pin and it didnt budge) and thats really saying something because I love to spin! I also use them for pictures too and havent met a pose yet that didnt agree with the wig. =)

Mica said:
Cherri, I love that aqua. :)   Are there any problems with posing for shoots and wearing wigs?  I guess they just need to be secured to one's head pretty well?    I took bellydance classes and envied the other women for their long hair, but figured a wig or hairpiece could come off during a turn.  I don't know if there's any risk of that for shoots.

Using wigs and clip-ons are a great idea. They save you all the hassle of having to do your own hair and spare your hair from damage. I recently invested in a more pricer wig than usually and I really like it. My own hair is should length, so when I buy a wig I tend to go with the longer styles so I can have more options in shoots, shows, and just day to day. Make sure you're liking what your buying though because most places don't let you return wigs or clip-ons especially if you've already taken them out of the box.

Thanks for everybody for your comments.  I just wore a flapper wig for Halloween and had to wear heavier makeup to balance the wig drama, but it looked great.  fwiw, I friended a FB site called Shuly wigs and their posts are really tempting me.  @Roxy, I LOVE your comment about the ghetto wig shops.  I don't know why I didn't see it earlier (maybe I was spazzing about something in May & didn't read stuff carefully??)--we have a few small local wig shops that I should check.  I'm getting sick of coloring my hair and am almost wishing I could wear a wig permanently.

I also wear wigs all the time on a daily basis!! My profile photo is a wig from Annabelles Wigs!!

I also like wigs,actually I have an extension wig which is just made of synthetic because I cannot afford the almost-genuine types..I wear this extension wig almost every time I feel like having it.Anyways,

I just like to share this cool app for fellow online shoppers that allows you to get instant feedback from your Facebook friends on whether you should buy something or not (either for yourself or as a gift).
Here's the link--->Should I buy it? ......Enjoy and happy shopping!

I love them and i think it is so much fun. I get sick of my white hair and love to wear different colors and styles without dying and damaging my hair.. I can add eyebrows and boom i look like a completely different gal. Years ago i had on a med length black wig and i stood next to my boyfriend for 20 mins and he had no idea it was me.. Freaking fun...So yes for wigs and fun hair things.....=)

I have a friend who does some shoots with wigs and they look great, however they aren't as stylized as pin up hairdo's. I would look up some pictures online and see what you think. Or a better idea work out a package deal with a hairstylist. 

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pin+up+wig+portraits&...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service