Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So a few weeks ago I was forced to cut about 4 inches of my hair off, due to serious damage and breakage. I will never bleach my hair ever again!

I hate my hair right now and am depressed about it. I've always been a long-hair girl and this is pretty short for me (its about shoulder length). I feel prettier and more feminine with long hair and not only that but I can't do crap with it at this length.

SO my question is, how many of you wear wigs, hairpieces or extensions on a regular basis? What kind do you wear? I know maybe not everyone will be willing to admit such information, but if you aren't shy about it please come forth and give me your faux hair advice.

I've been shopping around on Ebay, and am interested in this:
Photobucket

Or, what do you guys think about this?:
Photobucket
I am kinda up in the air about the pony tails.....one part of me thinks "cheesy" the other part of me is like "cool"

Any help is appreciated!

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aw hon, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Just tonight, I pulled out of my closet my own long-hair-for-when-I-wish-I-hadn't-cut-it hairpiece. I can't tell you the brand or cost, because it was a gift from my hair stylist, but it's not a very good one at all. Definitely for more occasional use.
I know that my local Sally Beauty Supply carries an assortment of synthetic and real hair pieces. If you have one nearby, maybe you can stop in and feel the varying qualities. The gals who work in mine are very sweet and helpful about anything I've ever been puzzling over.
Any glamour accessory is a wonderful thing IMHO, and a dab of cheesy can be perfectly acceptable and even spicy. I'm in the tropics so I couldn't even dream of wearing extensions now but I did for a long time and I loved em. I've also had my share of hairpieces. My feeling is that hairpieces they are great for photoshoots and the stage but not for everyday wear. It is hard to "be yourself" in them- they don't feel secure enough. I much prefer extensions that are extremely secure. I used to have a few tiny braids put in by hair extension pros into which I hooked small wefts (layers) of hair. It looked completely natural and my hair was still easy to wash whereas with non-removeable extensions washing is a nightmare (but they look incredible!) I doubt you'd feel that a "hair piece" was an every day option.
Clip in hair extensions are my favorites. I always recommend human hair. You can wash blow dry and curl it. Here is an example :
http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=10&cat=10&a...
I wouldnt say to get those one but its just an example. If you have a good hair shop by you they might sell hair on wefts and have clips to sew on there.
I wear hair pieces almost every day. Any time I'm going out and don't feel like/ don't have the time to do my hair. I also have a huge collection of wigs for days when I wanna have a different color or style. For both I would head to your local beauty supply store, and just try some out. See what you like and what feels comfortable. Also, if you want something a little more permanent, have someone put in extensions. I have them glued in, and they last for about 2 weeks. Sewing them in will last even longer. With all the different colors and lengths it's a lot of fun.

I love changing my hair, and fake hair is a great way to do it.

As for the bleach damage, I bleach my hair all the time, and for the damage the best thing I've found is hair placenta. You can find it in beauty supply stores or walmart, where you find the hot oil. Try it out, it works wonders.
I know what you mean. I only feel truely sexy with long hair. With my hair being platinum blond i have to be really carefull with it and as i model full time i tend to use 3/4 wigs so that i don't have to style my hair all the time. It leaves the front of your hair to style and blend in. No one can ever tell they are great!
I really want a 3/4 wig but cant find one to match my blonde anywhere.. where do you get yours Frankii? x
I have a co-worker who specializes in extensions, she does such an amazing job that you would never know her client had extensions in when she walked out!! They definately are a great everyday option!

Whirlingturban said:
Any glamour accessory is a wonderful thing IMHO, and a dab of cheesy can be perfectly acceptable and even spicy. I'm in the tropics so I couldn't even dream of wearing extensions now but I did for a long time and I loved em. I've also had my share of hairpieces. My feeling is that hairpieces they are great for photoshoots and the stage but not for everyday wear. It is hard to "be yourself" in them- they don't feel secure enough. I much prefer extensions that are extremely secure. I used to have a few tiny braids put in by hair extension pros into which I hooked small wefts (layers) of hair. It looked completely natural and my hair was still easy to wash whereas with non-removeable extensions washing is a nightmare (but they look incredible!) I doubt you'd feel that a "hair piece" was an every day option.
SO my question is, how many of you wear wigs, hairpieces or extensions on a regular basis? What kind do you wear?

I have been wearing extensions and wigs for several years, and I have to say it is my absolute favorite way to constantly change color/style without wrecking my hair.

The extensions are human hair that either come in the color I want, or I use blond and hand dye it with Special Effects. I use bonding glue to attach them, but there are a variety of other methods that are less messy and longer lasting. For me, the extensions are usually installed for a weekend or event and only stay in for a week or so.

I hand make all my wigs. There was a time when buying what beauty shops had to offer was sufficient, but I easily got bored as I couldn't really do much aside from brush and place on my head.

I use high quality human hair and professional wig bases. I prefer the HH, as you can dye it and heat style it with ease, and obviously it looks quite natural. However, I have also worked with some quality synthetics that were nice and soft. It's unfortunate that a lot of synthetics are really cheap and pretty much resemble Barbie hair. It also depends on how you care for your pieces. Synthetics are not meant to be styled with direct heat [i.e. curling iron] but are easily styled using indirect heat [i.e. steam, hot water].

Anywho, I could talk about fake hair all day long, so feel free to message me with any questions you may have. I will say that I feel people should be more open to wigs and extensions. When done right, you can fool even the most critical eye and for me that is the challenge of the art.
Wow thats great what they have now days to use.
back 30 years ago they had something similar, but with new products they a way better.
I wonder how the hair extensions would work on my Goat Tee ?
CROWSHOP said:
I wonder how the hair extensions would work on my Goat Tee ?

I did a set of braids in this guy's goat once. Was kind of funny, but I also encouraged that he could smack people with them [had skull beads on the end].
anyone have suggestions for wigs? i kinda want a bettie page look for a shoot, but i love my natural color and hate straight bangs on myself (for daily wear)... where could i get a good retro wig?
http://www.wigs.com has everything from costume wigs to $1000+ human hair wigs. You're sure to find something there!

Melia deMure said:
anyone have suggestions for wigs? i kinda want a bettie page look for a shoot, but i love my natural color and hate straight bangs on myself (for daily wear)... where could i get a good retro wig?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service