Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So a question to all the artists here and anyone else..why the pin up girls? Why do you like drawing, painting or looking at pin up girls? What is it about them that's so interesting to you?
And also how did you get into pin up art in the first place?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

who doesnt wasnt to be, or do one?
But there ARE people who do NOT like pin ups...case in point a woman I know who said she doesn't like burlesque or pin up girls "because she's not a lesbian." And this is someone who is a part of the local rockabilly scene. I've also some girl friends ask me why the hell I would want a pin up girl tattoo? Why would I want the picture of another pin up girl on my arm?
Yeah...I guess they see it as "competition" which I find psychotic... As a queer girl there's an obvious appeal for pin up girls but for straight girls? I understand why some people don't get it.

Soda Shop Sue said:
I don't understand the "logic" behind -if you can appreciate another woman's beauty you must be a lesbian-. Does that mean if I think a flower is beautiful that I want to make hot dirty sexy times with it?

We all know women dress to impress other women; we might tell ourselves it's to attract boys, but what really gets us going is seeing another woman give us "that" look - the look of envy/hatred/appreciation/whatever. Boys are happy if we just show up; they don't really care what we're wearing! Anyone who thinks otherwise is in a serious state of denial.

To me, it is a sign of self-confidence and self-acceptance to be able to see the beauty and sex appeal of another woman, and I hazard to say vice versa.

Anita Fixx said:
But there ARE people who do NOT like pin ups...case in point a woman I know who said she doesn't like burlesque or pin up girls "because she's not a lesbian." And this is someone who is a part of the local rockabilly scene. I've also some girl friends ask me why the hell I would want a pin up girl tattoo? Why would I want the picture of another pin up girl on my arm?
Yeah...I guess they see it as "competition" which I find psychotic... As a queer girl there's an obvious appeal for pin up girls but for straight girls? I understand why some people don't get it.

Soda Shop Sue said:
Would you be available for talks to all these people I know who share that "logic". You explain it better then I can...probably because you have a different prespective. I mean..honestly I kinda confirm their beliefs...just last night I was drawing a portait of Marlene Dietrech dressed in a tux and top hat..I can't help myself! ; P

Poppy Fields said:
I don't understand the "logic" behind -if you can appreciate another woman's beauty you must be a lesbian-. Does that mean if I think a flower is beautiful that I want to make hot dirty sexy times with it?

We all know women dress to impress other women; we might tell ourselves it's to attract boys, but what really gets us going is seeing another woman give us "that" look - the look of envy/hatred/appreciation/whatever. Boys are happy if we just show up; they don't really care what we're wearing! Anyone who thinks otherwise is in a serious state of denial.

To me, it is a sign of self-confidence and self-acceptance to be able to see the beauty and sex appeal of another woman, and I hazard to say vice versa.

Anita Fixx said:

Soda Shop Sue said:
Feel free to print my comment out on nice cardstock with a sweet little gold border and hand it out to people who need their minds forcibly broadened ;D

Just remember: people fear what they don't understand.

(Last week I went to class dressed in a screaming lady tie, tiny waistcoat, pointy boots and finished with my grandfather's old pocket watch. If I had a top hat, I probably would have added that too. I am not small and cute and never will be, but l'll be damned if I'm not going to rock what I've got!)

Anita Fixx said:
Would you be available for talks to all these people I know who share that "logic". You explain it better then I can...probably because you have a different prespective. I mean..honestly I kinda confirm their beliefs...just last night I was drawing a portait of Marlene Dietrech dressed in a tux and top hat..I can't help myself! ; P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service