Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Why do Vintage Suits by Mary cost more than a suit from Walmart?

I've noticed lately that because of the prevalence of stores like Walmart and Forever 21 that some people don't understand why a playsuit would cost nearly one hundred dollars.

Back in the 1940s and 50s, swimsuits and playsuits were made differently. They were fully lined. They had boning. They had cups. They had zippers and buttons. AND, they fit! They also lasted longer than 6 months. My suits are made the same way, with the same inner foundation.

I understand why folks shop at these stores; I don't have a lot of spare cash myself. But for people that love vintage, my suits are a godsend. You just can't wear your vintage Rose Marie Reid in the pool without it disintegrating from age. Also, you can order a size that fits, NOT squeeze yourself into whatever size that fabulous playsuit happens to be!

I could make cheaper suits, but I won't, just because so many other companies already make them. Very few companies make them the old fashioned way.

I hope this has enlightened a few people! :)

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your suits are awesome and stores like Wal-Mart and Forever 21 certainly can never have your standards. It's cheap labor and cheap quality that they provide. You've got it going on, and great quality, well made, and lasting. That all sounds like it beats the others out of the water.
You shouldnt even apologize for selling your wonderful work at this price.

The fact that they are UNIQUE and not cheap and poorly-made from China, but also the fact that we can order our own playsuit in our exact measurements is more than enough for me.

I do have the money and i spend them on your playsuits with big pleasure!

I ordered one and i cant wait to receive it but im already thinking of ordering another one!

Keep up the marvellous work, you're fabulous!

xxxxx
I agree, I invested a bit on my vintage suit and love it.
It's a marilyn one piece, and although swim suits are all about showing less....I am always having people asking where I got it. yay!
This made me laugh, but its so true.

Vintage Suits by Mary said:
LOL, Tifa! There is such a huge difference between a "corset" and a CORSET. One gives you curves, and the other looks like you are wearing a toilet paper tube.

Tifa said:
Great post!
I believe it's the same when people are looking for “cheap corsets”.
I love this.....personally....I'm saving up for one of your suits! I think that they are just darling and definitely appreciate the quality of something well made!
Thank you!

Ellie Monster said:
I love this.....personally....I'm saving up for one of your suits! I think that they are just darling and definitely appreciate the quality of something well made!
DEATH TO WALMART!!!!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
Hey, the pleasure is all mine, trust me! Just keep doing what you're doing! You have a very loyal following here on PL, and I'm SURE many other places!

Vintage Suits by Mary said:
Thank you so much, Honey!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
I actually have one of your playsuits, and as a seamstress I can say that they are AMAZINGLY crafted. Quality all the way! I'll be buying many many more, as my seamstress skills don't extend past outerwear clothing!

Keep it up Mary! your amazing!
I couldn't agree with you more. The big box store's may seem as if they have some great deals, but is it really worth it in the long run? I do not think so. You usually get what you pay for. Keep up the great work. Your suits are art!
Thank you for the compliment! I have a lot of new suits to unveil at TIki Oasis!

Stitch said:
I couldn't agree with you more. The big box store's may seem as if they have some great deals, but is it really worth it in the long run? I do not think so. You usually get what you pay for. Keep up the great work. Your suits are art!
Simple answer to this question.

In VSBM, you look like this:

And in suits from WalMart, you look like this:

hahahahahaha

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Simple answer to this question.

In VSBM, you look like this:

And in suits from WalMart, you look like this:

My Vintage Suits By Mary playsuit is awesome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service