Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Have you ever met someone that completely changed your life? Someone who lifted you up just as you were beginning to fall? Is there someone in your life who set a fire under your ass and pointed you in the right direction; the direction you had been trying to find forever but couldn't quite get the co-ordinates right? Is there someone who helped you realize your true self; the self that had always been there but was being repressed and unsupported until that someone came along and pulled it out of the depths of insecurity? Could be family, friends, strangers.... could be more than one. Who are they and how did they change your life in a positive way?

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful story!

Carole Jean said:
I have been so blessed as to have had many people come into my life who helped shape and mold it. But I would like to share the story of my Grandma, known to the world as Gram. She and I did not become close until I was 15, after my grandfather passed away I decided that I should call her more so she wouldn't feel lonely. Little did I know that would start the friendship that changed everything.
Though her I learned that love takes work, that honesty is a true gift of love, and how to listen. She always had an open ear and an open door. We could not have been more different, but she loved me inside and out. Through her support I learned to believe in myself and take control. I learned that the world will keep on spinning without me and it was my job to make things happen for me.

She passed two years ago. I think of her often and have her picture up in my room to remind me that a smile, an open ear, and an open heart is the first step to making a dream a goal and a goal your life.
CRISTO
WOW!!!! That's incredible. Your professor is top-notch.

Wink Holliday {PLA} said:
I'm fortunate to have friends who have stood by me through some self-imposed rough times, but that's what friends DO, right? The real standout is a professor I had in college. I'd dropped out for a semester because of funding issues, but was on campus meeting a friend when I ran into this one professor. I'd already had one class with him, and needed to take the follow-up class in order to get my degree, but the semester I was supposed to take it was the semester I dropped out. He'd noticed, and read me the riot act when he saw me on campus. I explained my situation, and he went above and beyond what ANY professor (or anyone else) should do... he not only arranged (privately) for me to apprentice for him in exchange for a grade in the class I couldn't take, but he also paid my tuition for that class out of his own pocket! Without his kindness, I may never have gotten my degree.

I'm actually tearing up just thinking about this.
Heartwarming story! Thanks for sharing!

Inga said:
I have so many awesome people to be grateful for that has helped me discover myself and turned me into the person that I am.
My sister in law, who when my husband and I was far from being together. I was homeless and living in a friends car. I had to do things that I would never want my children to do for shower, food, clothes, etc. My friend was friends with my now sister in law and took me over there a few times. Her and I got to be close and she wanted me to move in. I was shocked to say the least. My father is unknown, my mother alcoholic, drug abuser, and wished she aborted me. So I never knew what real love was until I met my in laws. I moved in with her and the whole family accepted me as me.
Another person would be my oldest son. He is such a great person to look up to. He was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. To see the world in his perspective is absolutely awesome. He was my first child and therefore he changed me to learn that everyone has a different perspective of the world.
Thank you all for sharing your wonderful stories!!!!

xxx,
SV
Dee Snyder. He showed me that i wanna rock.
BWAhahahaha!

Ama said:
ahaha. and that you do.
Ama said:
My dance teach "little G"

I was on medication for A.D.D and it has the opposite affect causing me to the point of wanting to commit suicide, and because of the alot of embarassement with the councelors at school and the school therapist who would pull me out of class daily to ask on a scale of 1-10 how likely if there was a gun there that I would kill myself..SERIOUSLY!! DAILY!!

my dance teacher, along with my mother and a couple other teachers stepped up to the plate and got me off the medication and the school to leave me alone and offered me a better way to channel my attention deficit.. she was so amazing and I will never have the right words to say thank for all she did for me all those years ago.

we are still in touch and I choreograph dances for her classes and performances every now and again.

she helped me believe in me and realize I dont have a problem just a wall to climb over and that is not an impossible task!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service