Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Have you ever met someone that completely changed your life? Someone who lifted you up just as you were beginning to fall? Is there someone in your life who set a fire under your ass and pointed you in the right direction; the direction you had been trying to find forever but couldn't quite get the co-ordinates right? Is there someone who helped you realize your true self; the self that had always been there but was being repressed and unsupported until that someone came along and pulled it out of the depths of insecurity? Could be family, friends, strangers.... could be more than one. Who are they and how did they change your life in a positive way?

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason, my boyfriend. He's my love, my champion, my partner in crime. He supports and encourages everything I do, even when it's the most ridiculous or grandiose thing imaginable. He lets me be me, lets me cast myself out into the world, but reels me in when it's necessary.
Three and a half years ago, when we met, I was at the lowest point in my life. He brought me back from the brink of self-destruction with his love and support and positive attitude and I've never looked back.

And now I'm the fabulous creature you see today... *giggle*
And a fabulous creature you are, dear! :)
Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing!

Queen April LeNaughty said:
Jason, my boyfriend. He's my love, my champion, my partner in crime. He supports and encourages everything I do, even when it's the most ridiculous or grandiose thing imaginable. He lets me be me, lets me cast myself out into the world, but reels me in when it's necessary.
Three and a half years ago, when we met, I was at the lowest point in my life. He brought me back from the brink of self-destruction with his love and support and positive attitude and I've never looked back.

And now I'm the fabulous creature you see today... *giggle*
*hmm* I could probly think of a few people who have given me pieces of wisdom and whatnot over the years. However, there are two that I can honestly say I owe a lot to.

The first is Jon, who was my best friend for six glorious years. There were so many times he was there with the right words or a warm hug. He gave me nothing but encouragement to be myself and kept me on the right path. The wonderful memories of our adventures and a few other things are all I have left of our time together. It'll be three years this May since he's been gone. :/

I seriously doubted I would ever have that kind of friend again, but thankfully fate was kind to me and brought another wonderful person into my life. He is everything I wanted in a man, my best friend and partner in crime...I don't know what I would do without him. Every day is like a gift, and I feel spoiled when he lavishes me with compliments. I love how good he makes me feel and that we can do pretty much anything and still have fun. There was a lot of time I spent trying to be the woman I thought men wanted, so it's refreshing to have someone who adores me just the way I am, and I have never been happier. [You should see the smile on my face right now. *ha*]
It IS refreshing to have someone adore you just the way you are. The BEST feeling in the world, I would say. You definitely have good reason to be smilin'! :)

Lenore Lovelace said:
*hmm* I could probly think of a few people who have given me pieces of wisdom and whatnot over the years. However, there are two that I can honestly say I owe a lot to.

The first is Jon, who was my best friend for six glorious years. There were so many times he was there with the right words or a warm hug. He gave me nothing but encouragement to be myself and kept me on the right path. The wonderful memories of our adventures and a few other things are all I have left of our time together. It'll be three years this May since he's been gone. :/

I seriously doubted I would ever have that kind of friend again, but thankfully fate was kind to me and brought another wonderful person into my life. He is everything I wanted in a man, my best friend and partner in crime...I don't know what I would do without him. Every day is like a gift, and I feel spoiled when he lavishes me with compliments. I love how good he makes me feel and that we can do pretty much anything and still have fun. There was a lot of time I spent trying to be the woman I thought men wanted, so it's refreshing to have someone who adores me just the way I am, and I have never been happier. [You should see the smile on my face right now. *ha*]
(Insert story about meeting Desirée at a rough and pivotal spot in my life, and having her smack me in the head and tell me to get on with it here.)

I'm a lucky man.
Syd Valentine said:
It IS refreshing to have someone adore you just the way you are. The BEST feeling in the world, I would say. You definitely have good reason to be smilin'! :)
Absolutely. I take comfort in knowing I can modify my body any way I see fit and he'll still tell me I'm the sexiest woman ever. =D
I'm fortunate to have friends who have stood by me through some self-imposed rough times, but that's what friends DO, right? The real standout is a professor I had in college. I'd dropped out for a semester because of funding issues, but was on campus meeting a friend when I ran into this one professor. I'd already had one class with him, and needed to take the follow-up class in order to get my degree, but the semester I was supposed to take it was the semester I dropped out. He'd noticed, and read me the riot act when he saw me on campus. I explained my situation, and he went above and beyond what ANY professor (or anyone else) should do... he not only arranged (privately) for me to apprentice for him in exchange for a grade in the class I couldn't take, but he also paid my tuition for that class out of his own pocket! Without his kindness, I may never have gotten my degree.

I'm actually tearing up just thinking about this.
Amazingly enough, those kind of people tend to show up just when you need them most!!
and
Yes, you are! :)

Daddy Cool {PL} said:
(Insert story about meeting Desirée at a rough and pivotal spot in my life, and having her smack me in the head and tell me to get on with it here.)

I'm a lucky man.
WOW! That's fantastic. He saw your potential and knew you were worth it! Some people are truly unselfish and amazing!

Wink Holliday said:
I'm fortunate to have friends who have stood by me through some self-imposed rough times, but that's what friends DO, right? The real standout is a professor I had in college. I'd dropped out for a semester because of funding issues, but was on campus meeting a friend when I ran into this one professor. I'd already had one class with him, and needed to take the follow-up class in order to get my degree, but the semester I was supposed to take it was the semester I dropped out. He'd noticed, and read me the riot act when he saw me on campus. I explained my situation, and he went above and beyond what ANY professor (or anyone else) should do... he not only arranged (privately) for me to apprentice for him in exchange for a grade in the class I couldn't take, but he also paid my tuition for that class out of his own pocket! Without his kindness, I may never have gotten my degree.

I'm actually tearing up just thinking about this.
My husband. Made me realize that I needed to be myself, do for myself and discover ultimate happiness....that no one could ever make me as happy as I could.

Dayna Delux. No kidding. I met her in '07 and she gave me hope that there are still real, unpretentious people in this world...even though they have achieved ultimate success. She also ha given me alot of wonderful words of wisdom regarding inner beauty that have forever changed my drive and confidence.
My sister, Michelle is the most influential person of my life. We have a very unusual "sisterly" relationship. Most sisters are pretty close in age, they look alike, they tend to bicker and fight at times, they share each other's clothes (or steal...lol), they talk about the boys they have crushes on at school, and they share the frustrations they might have with their parents. Not the case with us! My sister is 11 years older than I am, we look nothing alike, we have never fought, and we definitley could never share clothes. But my sister is the most amazing person you would ever meet. She has been more like a second mom to me. When I was a teen, my sister was there to guide me and help me understand why my mom would react the way she did to things I would do. She always knew exactly how to encourage me. As I have gotten older, she is still there for me, guiding me and helping me through life. She is the rock of our family. I think she is the only person I would truly give my life for. She is my very best friend and I love her dearly.
Kristy C said:
My husband. Made me realize that I needed to be myself, do for myself and discover ultimate happiness....that no one could ever make me as happy as I could.

Dayna Delux. No kidding. I met her in '07 and she gave me hope that there are still real, unpretentious people in this world...even though they have achieved ultimate success. She also ha given me alot of wonderful words of wisdom regarding inner beauty that have forever changed my drive and confidence.

Sounds like an amazing husband. =)

Quite refreshing. Far too many pretentious rock stars out there who think their shizz don't stink b/c they have a name for themselves and everyone else is just jealous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service