Advertise on PinupLifestyle

When the Photog Leaves You Feeling Rotten...I Need Your Help.

...what do you do? I understand that sometimes the relationship between the photographer and the model can be a difficult one. But in an attempt to sorta get to know the photog I THOUGHT I wanted to have pictures taken with this December. And to allow myself to be comfortable working with a male. We mutually befriended each other. However, I feel I have become the butt of jokes between he and his experienced pinup friends. Clearly I'm not going to give him my business now. And I know my money won't make or break his business. I just think it's poor business on his part.
Anyone else have any experiences like this? Part of me wants to just throw in the towel knowing my looks make pinup an uphill battle for me. The other part says flip the bird at the small-minded people and push on.

Views: 78

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Go with your other! Forget him, his friends, and any one else that is mean to you. Life is too short short to put up haters, mean people, small minded people, or anyone else who is negative. You know you're awesome, forget the mean people.
One thing the internet has taught us all, I think, is that every look is appreciated by someone. Just because you don't look like the "typical" model doesn't mean you don't have a potential audience. And I looked at your page- apparently you were featured on a website just this week! Don't let one rude photographer ruin things for you- it's his own loss and shows his lack of imagination.
I agree with Roxy. If you are feeling this bad about the experience I would stop working with him. Pin Up modeling should be something that makes you feel GOOD. It should be fun no matter who you are. There are plenty of great photographers out there with good attitudes, who treat you well- before, during and after a shoot, who would love the chance to work with you and create some stunning images.
xoxo
Aubrey
" I feel I have become..."

How solid is this feeling?
You have some great photos! Love the pic with the balloons! Don't let him or anyone else get you down. Like LouisatheLast said, every look is appreciated by somebody. You're pictures show a strong, confident, and beautiful woman. Keep doing what you love, you won't be happy otherwise!

Edson {PL Team} said:
" I feel I have become..."

How solid is this feeling?
Very solid! I get that whole "talking over my head, back and forth wink, i'm sorry what did you say *teehee*" thing. It's a very uncomfortable feeling.
thank you for all the encouragement! i hope to work with my first photographer again and i know she'll produce some amazing photos! *kisses*
I have a friend who is very wise. Her line? If they aren't fun, then f*** 'em. Okay, so it isn't the sweetest way to put things, but it is succinct.

Now, if this dude were paying you really excellent hourly wages, then it would be one thing. But if you are working for free, or you are paying him. then see above.

This is supposed to be fun. And if you have the pocket book, you have the power.

Find someone who is fun and makes you feel wonderful and sexy and then go make some pictures.
What a rude jerk, forget about it, like Aubrey said ti's all about having fun and feeling good. So don't let those silly people get to you too much, they should be lucky to have a sweetheart like you there. Don't worry, you'll do great with more respectful people, who thrives exceptionally well being around those who make them feel bad with no way to get encouragement? Do your thing darling!
My advice? Stuff him. find a better photog. Ive been there, done that.
With me, the guy was fine, til he looked at the photos. Now bear in mind HE was the one demanding I pose this way and that way, I knew what it would look like (ie. Sh*t). But ooooooh no I'm just a dumb model who knows nothing.

If anyone makes you uncomfortable, F**K them. You are gorgeous sweetheart, as are ALL the ladies here. (ok and the gents ) so don't listen to a numb nuts like him, listen to PL and never give up

And don't give up cause of one or two jerk offs!
Forget about this photographer right away!
If you were to pay him for a service he should act professional.
It's not a secret that a photographer needs to make a model comfortable in order to get a good result.
Shame on him.

Keep your head up girl and rock that shoot with the other photographer!
You're gorgeous, he's an a******. End of story.

No one should ever let you feel anything less than beautiful.

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service