Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I was browsing modelmayhem and I saw a profile of a young woman who said, "I don't flake except for paid gigs. Paid has priority over TFP."

What are your thoughts? If you had a shoot lined up with a photog, and were offered a chance to get paid (for whatever-- modeling, hair, walking someone's dog) what would you do? Do you think it is okay to flake for money? When is it okay to flake on a job/session?

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flaking, to me, is far different than a reasonable re-schedule or a true emergency. Say, two weeks before, or a week before and helping to find a replacement, that is reasonable. The incident Richard describes--- that is flaking. Having a sick child or some other such issues, eh, happens. Telling the other party a lie to get out of a shoot, or calling a day before saying one has a paid gig, I call that flake.

It happens to all of us, we commit to something and then we find out that something we perceive as better comes along, and we want to wiggle out of it. And sometimes I can see that one would. If the opportunity is a once in a lifetime chance, heh, I would flake. But I would also realize that I was burning bridges and seriously consider which bridges were going to be burned, and if I could mitigate the damage by finding some way to help fill my spot.

I just wonder, sometimes, in an industry where beauty is king, and youth is often seen as beauty, thus the ones people want to shoot, lots of silly things are done. I think people don't always realize how much others invest in a shoot and so they don't take it as seriously as they should.
HECK NO its not ok to flake on your photographer after he/she pays you. what an idiot for posting that.its ok to flake only if you get bad vibes or when there is some sort of emergency, i mean, gee.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.  Have there been times you haven't shown up and not told the photographer?  And have you really texted a photog that day to tell them you won't make it?  Or made up an excuse? 

I do hope I am reading that wrong! 

Felicia Fatale said:

It is never professional to not show up to a shoot unless there was an extreme emergency wher you couldn't reach teh photographer. I ALWAYS let teh photoagrpher know. It's better to send an email/ text or call and make something up "I'm sick" then to not show up and waste everyone's time havening them there set up waiting around for you. It's very rude.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service