Advertise on PinupLifestyle
i was 16 and was always making my clothes vintage style and i watched gypsy rose lee at 8 i fell in love with the vintage and pinup feel to it.

Views: 661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great topic to post!
Years ago I wanted to model and grew up watching old movies and secretly adoring those women.simply pretty.I recently got into being a pin up girl.I've always adored the 50's for the "family" culture,and style.I can't be the high fashion model.so I decided to go after the look I love.

@ Kerensa,me too I have watched the movie, Moulin Rouge and I can say that I have a little bit of influence from it..Anyways,there have been some really cool shopping app recommendations over the past couple of days...I ended up downloading the 'Should I Buy It?' app someone recommended and it is awesome! I was shopping for shoes and was able to quickly share them with my friends to see what they thought of them. Here is the link again to download:Should I buy it? =D

My mom always made me watch old movies when I was little, Tv shows too!

Because of that  I've always loved the clothes and the hair, the glamour, etc. I never really thought of myself as Pin-up though until I was about 15, I stumbled across Pin-up girl clothing's website while I was looking for old movies and after that fell head over heels in love for the style! 

Since then I adored the likes of Jayne Mansfield, Lana Turner, Jane Russel, Bettie Page, Etc.

It was all over when I found an amazing haul of vintage clothes and patterns at a yardsale, especially after I discovered most companies make reproduction patterns! Now I'm a slave to Pin-up! ;D

Since I was 12 I would print out pin-up girls from the computer and cover my walls/doors with them. Don't know how I discovered it, but I know I've always loved vintage cars (nobody else in my family, so I was just weird.hah) It wasn't until I was almost 23 I entered Lake Havasu City's Rockabilly Reunion pin-up pageant because the junior pastor's wife from my church wanted me to. Apparently a girl who was in the contest hit on our junior pastor pretty HARD & in front of his wife at the bar the night before and his wife wanted me to win over her. lol. Anyway, that's when I realized I maybe could at least get by with trying to be a pin-up gal! hehe. I didn't win, but was told I was almost picked.

haha I was wearing my hair in pseudo rolls and updo's when I was in elementary school. I always loved classic and period movies, and would play with makeup and hair looks based on whatever I saw. I remember recreating the "Grease" look after the first time I saw it in 5th grade. I didn't go all out rockabilly/pin up though until recently, once I accepted my curves, and that the structure and feminine lines of the 40's and 50's best suited my body.

I did a retro style shoot with a photographer friend in 1998. I had the outfits and the hairstyle like Rita Hayworth and he had the pro camera and desire to build up his portfolio. It was a super fun day and the black and white photos look very much like my grandmother and her classic 1940s shoot when she was 18. My mother has an 8X10 of myself and my grandmother side by side on her wall. I have to admit this made me feel really good! Then I met my photographer husband who does modern glamour pin up photography with models and motorcycles. He and I collaborated with myself as the model posing with his beloved Yamaha R1 sport bike. I made sure to wear my leopard peep toe pumps! This definitely made me feel like a pin up girl. I like to joke with him that I'm the most fully dressed model in his portfolio!

I was 4. I realized my sexuality in my sensuality pretty early. I styled my clothes in the bathroom while it was quiet and posed in the mirror. Janet Jackson helped influence the feelings and moods I wanted to portray. As I grew older, playtime got more.. ..playful. Would wear my training bras on my hips and my panties as a bandeau, twisting my body admiring my "shape". Lol! By middle school. I had the curves and recognized my body-type wasn't like the other girls, so. Began researching. It's like I knew all along my body is a WonderLand! Haha!

The same happened for me! How funny :)

Korea Brown said:

I don't know how old I was, but the first time I saw the movie Crybaby I was hooked!!

I must have been around 5 but I realized I could be one when I was 33! A bit sad but never too late! I am one in my bathroom or on special occasion; and I intend to let my inner Pinup take the lead as much as possible in the future!

Bisous

Other than my love for vintage and anything retro, it would have to have been the first time i saw a burlesque dance. I fell in love with teese and the whole style of pinup and the attitude. My mom would play stray cats, johnny cash and things like the cramps which really got me looking into rockabilly music. Started listening to blues like blind willie and appreciating the roots of this music. The style was always a huge draw for me, i loved the flattering makeup, hair and clothes. It just seemed this is the way a women should look. Sexy with class.

xoxoxox

I started being interested in pinup a few years ago when i started getting into ink. I love Gypsy, Rosalind Russell is my idol and love that we have the same b-day. I am still getting into the pin up reality. I fix up my hair and get dolled up once in a while and plan to do my fist shoot for my birthday this next year. But my real inspiration would have to be my gram. She was not a pin up in the sexy way we think of now but she was near six foot statuesque beauty. We had this pic of her in a pants suit leaning on the hood of a roadster(sadly lost in a fire). I would love to recreate that in my photo shoot.

I'm an old soul, so I've always loved old music (1940's-1960's) and old black and white movies. I watched my Mother draw on her cat eye liner and played in her 1960's wigs. I played in peignoir sets and fur covered kitten heels left behind by an eccentric aunt. I didn't start modeling til 2008. I grew up with low self esteem and over the years built my confidence/self esteem and wanted to push my limits and force myself to something outside of my comfort zone. Modeling helped me to do something I was afraid of, but also something I knew I'd love as I'm such a girly girl. I discovered pinup and many of the plus size pinup styles out there and met mutual kindred spirits. So I guess my love of pinup was a life long discovery on different levels.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service