Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I hate when I am out in town & get the same statement "I love that look. I'm kinda trying that retro thing now, Pin-Up is the it thing right now, it's so in" I have never been one to follow, in fact I have a unique look. I don't have an ego, but it seems that after I wear something or do something, I see 3 people out in town with the same thing. Way to be original. Let me do my thing & leave me out of the catagories please. Those who are fake, the posers, the coppy-cats are lost without someone to follow.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hear hear! I've been into the 40s and 50s style since I was like 6! Next thing you know, there will be pencil skirts and letter jackets at walmart for the low price of $9.99 or something, boo!
I agree with you, I mean I didn't have a style identity until I got into the retro look, but actually all my life I had watched 40s and 50s films with my Aunt. She instilled a love for all things vintage and she always called me an "old soul." And there are young girls in my town who sort of give me dirty looks when I do my thing (it's just a natural everyday thing). And sadly one of my friends started copying me, but not just clothes, she would buy the exact same ones, and shehas short hair but now she wants my hairstyle. It's ok to match when we were 8 but not now.
My Grandma is a socialite, and was a Lounge Singer in Las Vegas and then Del Mar for a while. Needless to say, she has a TON of amazing costume jewelry, and BEAUTIFUL clothing (especially hats!) I used to wear her clothes for dress up play when I was little, and then I started actually wearing her clothes to school when I could fit in them!

I really don't like it when someone tells me that my look is "in". I don't mind being in fashion, don't get me wrong. But I don't like it when someone insinuates that I'm following a fad. I know that they don't mean it like that (or most don't), but it always comes off that way. It really ruffles my feathers!
"Let me do my thing" You just called it a thing, perhaps they aren't posers, but more like you're inspiring?

Tony Hawk wasn't born skating, he saw someone do it, tried it out, embraced it and is now an inspiration to all. Be the role model not the elitist.

You're keeping a classic style alive, and if you inspire noone to do the same, it will die. Is this a good outcome?
I agree. everything is someone's "thing". I get more agitated with "the pin-up thing is SO hot right now." I don't care what's hot right now, I love me some pencil skirts and wiggle dresses! and I will until the day I die! lol

Edson {PL Team} said:
"Let me do my thing" You just called it a thing, perhaps they aren't posers, but more like you're inspiring?

Tony Hawk wasn't born skating, he saw someone do it, tried it out, embraced it and is now an inspiration to all. Be the role model not the elitist.

You're keeping a classic style alive, and if you inspire noone to do the same, it will die. Is this a good outcome?
The only good thing about the style being in is that clothes are much much cheaper now! Okay, so every other girl in the office is wearing your pencil skirt, but it only cost £15! And think about it: how quickly does fashion come and go? They'll be chucking out their wiggle dresses come October, and we'll still have them
You all have very good points :3
and if retro fashion is "in" I just hope it stomps out whatever the heck is in right now!
At least for a while, so something new can grow
SOOOOOOO TRUE!!
its so frustrating to see people following that look just because "Vogue" says its trendy, when they know nothing about those eras.
I have seen this trend come and go for a long time. It's a good thing. I love when makeup colors follow the trend and reproduction clothing and shoes do too. Everything becomes a little easier to find and more affordable. Then, when the trendy ladies are done with it, the thrift stores and vintage clothing shops get all their cast offs and we lovely ladies reap the benefits. It is better to see people in public dressing in any style that doesn't include sweat pants and baseball caps. Be patient Frankie, trends die quickly but the Pinup Lifestyle is there forever.
I understand, I was just told at Forever 21 not too long ago that the whole "Vargas type style was really in". But you have to know that those aren't really fans of the lifestyle will eventually move on to the next fad!
People of all subcultures and lifestyles gets annoyed when "their" style is copied and sold to the mainstream.
When you are passionate about something it can be irritating to see other people "using" a certain clothing style/lifestyle when you know they only do it since they have read about it in a mainstream magazine and don't really care about it.

But as pointed out, people will get tired and move on as well.
Then we'll all be at Ebay shopping
<3

Tifa said:
People of all subcultures and lifestyles gets annoyed when "their" style is copied and sold to the mainstream.
When you are passionate about something it can be irritating to see other people "using" a certain clothing style/lifestyle when you know they only do it since they have read about it in a mainstream magazine and don't really care about it.

But as pointed out, people will get tired and move on as well.
Then we'll all be at Ebay shopping

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service