Advertise on PinupLifestyle
What's your makeup routine for shows/shoots? Do you DIY or have it done by a professional? What products are absolutely "must have?" Just a random midnight question... (Can 'ya tell I'm bored?)

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to always have mine done. I like having that time before my shoot to be forced to do nothing and just rest. If not I tend to over think it and not be happy with it. And I know that no matter how good I am, the pro is probably better.
Pro is always better, simply for the fact that is SO much less stressful. Though I think it's a necessity, if you're going to do a lot of shoots, to be comfortable with doing your own if you have to. Sometimes you just don't have enough time to find a makeup artist. Or, god forbid, you get flaked on. Always good to know you can depend on your own skills if forced.

This is one of the reasons we just added The Dollhouse. Kitty, the host there, is an AMAZING teacher). It's what she does across the entire United States, for a top cosmetics company. She's also a licensed cosmetologist so her hair tutorials are just as good! Plus, if you have any questions, she'll answer them in a matter of HOURS.
Go take a peek, it's only $5 a month and comes with a free trial so you can make sure you like it. Can't go wrong with that! And trust, you'll love it. Can you tell I do??

www.PinupDollhouse.com
I've been doing my own but it's sooo time consuming. I think it comes out well but the little details- like false lashes- elude me. I plan to join the Dollhouse with my next paycheck but I can't see paying for professional help until I learn more about modeling and performing.
A lot of the time the make up artist is included in the cost of the shoot, so there is no extra cost to you. Another thing you can do is schedule an appt at a make up counter. Usually it is free, or you just have to buy some thing. It's a great way to get your make up done, and pick up a few tricks.

There is a false eyelash tutorial in the Dollhouse, and another one coming soon. Be sure to use the free trial to check it out!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service