Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hey there all! Well some of you know I'm a big dessert girl, but I'm also a huge fan of classic style diner food.so I was wondering whats everyones favorite diner food? I live in L.A. and there aren't any (that I know of), True blue classic diners out here. so I love to here of all the great foods you all have tried and where the best diners can be found!

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, the last diner I went to was Tommy's Family Restaurant in San Clemente. It was cute, all the booths had names of stars on them... I sat at the Betty Page table of course. They had some of the classics, but had greek food among other stuff on the menu. My family all had french dip sandwiches, very good.

Going to check out a couple of diners that are closer to home tomorrow!
Before I stopped eating meat my fav diner food was hot dogs. Haven't been to diner since.... So sad.
I'm a sucker for a patty melt! I grew up in NJ where diners are a dime a dozen, but they're few and far between in Colorado. Steuben's is more hipster than diner, but I give them major bonus points for having egg creams on the menu, and for making them properly with Fox's U-Bet syrup.
Sopa de Fideos , pintos and flour tortillas , poor mans food in the depression
We have a retro diner pretty close to us, and we go there from time to time. :) I personally like the hot dogs. :) And their tables have this super boomerang pattern Formica that I would LOVE to have in my kitchen. lol!

Here is a link to some great photos that I found of the diner:

Don's of Traverse City
Not to be boring....but a good 'ol diner cheeseburger and fries. There is just something different about getting one at a diner compared to a fast food joint or regular restaurant. Different taste, different everything.

I also like to get a strawberry shake or chocolate malt on the side with my burger and fries, cause I like to dip my fries in the shake.....yummmmm. Yeah, I'm weird!
Not weird at all! That's a tasty trick. :)

Kristy C said:
I also like to get a strawberry shake or chocolate malt on the side with my burger and fries, cause I like to dip my fries in the shake.....yummmmm. Yeah, I'm weird!
I love breakfast food and I like to get it all day long diner style! With cheese and grits and maple bacon! Unfortunately there aren't any old diners here in Asheville that do that (or none that I've found). So sad...I would keep them in business!

(Moved this thread to the kitchen btw!)
Thanks all I know what you mean, I've been to tommy's myself once and they are great. My favorite would have to be the old stlye sundays!!! oh and thanks Seanna!
Steuben's does grits! And they ask if you want cheese or not, I guess in case you're one of those sweet grits people. (I mean, really. Corn and jelly? Sweet is for farina.)

Seanna/Dixie Diamond {M} said:
I love breakfast food and I like to get it all day long diner style! With cheese and grits and maple bacon! Unfortunately there aren't any old diners here in Asheville that do that (or none that I've found). So sad...I would keep them in business!
mmm that does look yummy!!!
Yep! My brother and I always used to order fries and a Choc Nut Sundae together for the same reason. Good to know there are fellow weirdos out there :)

Kristy C said:
Not to be boring....but a good 'ol diner cheeseburger and fries. There is just something different about getting one at a diner compared to a fast food joint or regular restaurant. Different taste, different everything.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service