Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I just read an interesting article from CNNmoney.com on the 100 Best Places to Live in America. In the article, they first show only the top 10, and with the exception of one or two, most of these places seemed fairly small and obscure - probably why they made the list.

So this got me thinking, since there are so many amazing cities and towns in the world, where do the beautiful people of PL live and what's your favorite thing about it? Do you plan on staying where you are or is there somewhere you think is more fitting for you?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dallas Texas is awesome. Cost of living is cheap and the Mexican food is amazing.... WIN!
England seems awesome, this is one of the places I hope to visit at some point. It seems like a beautiful place, and alot of history there.

Baby B said:
I think that the south of England is probably one of the best places to live because there is so much beautiful scenery. I can't imagine living without a coastline
Not that I have been able to find. LOL I live in the middle of nowhere.

Nancy Valentine said:
Yes dear, Something?

Desirée {PL Team} said:
oh, come on! There must be SOMETHING. A good restuarant, shop, scenery... something?

Lettie VonDread said:
..I got nothing....
uhm, if you can look passed the Crack heads and car theifs, it's kinda nice. Great food in Stockton, Kosmo's Burgers, the Graduate, Manny's, El Grullenise, this awesome Thai food place where the lady calls you sweet heart (with a Thai Accent). everything's in driving distance. Sacramento, San Francisco, Reno. we also have some kick butt coffee houses (NOT starbucks) and some really great places to catch a local concert.
Betty - you are a lucky lady - that is a beautiful view.
Betty Red {Madam} said:
I live in the Roaring Fork Valley in Colorado...it's absolutely GORGEOUS. This is what I get to look at every day:

I live in Sunland, CA - which is up against the Angeles National Forest and about 20 minutes from Downtown L.A. I love it. There are horses, goats, chickens, mountain views, plenty of trails for mountain biking/hiking and only one main street. Secluded but close enough to the beach, downtown, Pasadena to not feel too far off the map.
Ok so, I figured out one good thing. Since cars down here in the dirty south are like lawn ornaments, we have a plethora of vintage rust buckets for dirt cheap. I found a bubble gum pink '59 Ford Galaxie for $800. Definitely a fixer, but still gorgeous. Too bad I am broke and don't know a thing about cars.
Well to be honest at first I was very bummed to live here because I am a city girl. But we moved to benefit my oldest son since the old school district was not doing their job. I realized that Morrow, Ohio has ALOT of great things about it. Safe, high in morals, great schools, high morals, a growing community (could be good & bad).
Average homes value in '08 $140,000
Gorgeous Bike trails
Little Miami River (canoe anyone?)
Award-winning Valley Vineyard & farm markets
and did I mention the old railroad that still is here with the station from 1848.
Here is the Morrow website http://www.morrow-today.org/

I am originally from Orange County beautiful beaches,surf & fun. But I have been here in South Pasadena for 7 years or so. I love it here. I am 15 mins. away from down town LA and a hop,skip and a jump from the beach. Funny I have lived here and have never watched the Rose Parade in person.... maybe next year!?!
i live in stockton california! we where named the most murderous city in Ca. we beat out oakland Ca for having the most murder related deaths per person, for our population of the city.

aside from all that noise. its not THAT bad... i guess when you grow up in a place like this it sorta becomes normal in a sense?

anyhow.

what i love most about my city... FOOD! there are burger joints here that my parents grew up on that i have the pleasure to enjoy to this day! they are in the sketchy side of town (south side stockton, where i reside) but the food is worth the possibility of personal harm! i promise! Kosmo's malts and burgers... BEST steak sandwich and burgers EVAR! the Kosmo burger has a regular patty, but also has an amazing slice of ham on it... its just pure amazing.

not just old time drive in and burger joints, we have some of the best mexican food around. our city is hugely populated with mexican folk(such as myself). you can not walk/drive a block with out seeing a mexican food establishment or a taco/mariscos(seafood) truck. my favorite taco truck is parked only a block away from where i stay. its been there for the past 20 years or soo, BEST pastor EEEEEVAR

in my city the minority is the majority. we have lots of different types of food here. really good indian food, greek food thai, filipino, asian food(of all sorts). our city has its typical chain restaurants, outback, applebees, etc, etc... but the locals here know whats up with local mom and pop family owned spots! that mc donalds owned chipotle has NOTHING on the taco truck kitty-corner from my house hahah

also another good thing about my city. its location. we joke and call it "the arm pit of california" but its location is prime. you drive one and a half hours in either direction and you have two completely different types of weather and surroundings. you drive west for a good hour and a half you get to the bay area (San Francisco) and the other cities that line the coast. Ca has some amazing coast lines! ive yet to see most though. if you drive the same time to the east. you go into the mountains, BEAUTIFUL trees and scenery. not to mention snow.

its like my city is a portal to different landscapes of california. its not the BEST place to live but its the place i call home and love. regardless of its reputation.

(even if it is ranked no.2 on the list of forbes magazine's "most miserable cities" in america)
Southampton is fully of marvellous history, but unfortunately, our Council never do anything about it! As a history freak I get very vexed at how they hide our museums, store away our artefacts and never celebrate the important dates!

We are the city that had the Titanic, and what do we have about that? A few things recovered from it, hidden in the back of a hidden museum. We built the Supermarine Spitfire, what do we have about that? One model that is hidden away. We were the city that the Pilgrim Fathers came from before they went to Plymouth! We have one plaque for that ¬_¬

So in conclusion, Southampton has amazing history but nothing is ever made of it!

Spitfire edestäpäin Pictures, Images and Photos

Titanic Southampton 1912 Pictures, Images and Photos
I'm sold! When can I move in? lol : P

Linda Pistola said:
Born ans raised in the city of angels! Los Angeles is amazing because of the endless array of cultures! This city truly is a melting pot. From one block to another, the language can change, meaning more choices for dinner! Also there are a lot of great little city treasures that legendary musicians, sirens, and actors of the golden era were known to frequent. I love LA because there are always options...to each, its own!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service