Advertise on PinupLifestyle

What's ever gotten in the way of your ambitions..?

Pursuing dreams and goals is never easy. There are always obstacles to overcome. After all, that's how you find out how bad you really want something is what you will do to get it. So my question to any of you is, have you ever let or almost let someone or something get in the way of your dream(s)? Has anyone ever tried to sabotage your dreams on purpose? Or, has some catastrophe occurred that almost prevented you..? Obviously .. don't answer what you don't feel comfortable with. I consider anyone involved in this industry brave -- it's brutal out there!

My story..? Modeling had always been my dream, ever since I was really little. I have no idea why, but when I was 8 or so my aunt was diagnosed with leukemia. I was convinced that if I could become a famous model and make lots of money that I could donate enough to cancer research and save her. Unfortunately, I will never be able to save her.
But, as I got older, I knew I wanted to get into it, I just didn't know how. And, everyone in school insisting I was ugly or awkward or a "freak", and my mom convincing me I couldn't do it didn't boost my confidence.
It wasn't until I met my ex husband that I really got the fire under my feet to pursue modeling. My ex thought I was silly. He would always tell me that I was too ugly, that my ears were too big, that I was too old, that I could never make it -- Anything he could think of to keep me down. And, I almost let him get in the way. I almost listened to him and gave up on the whole thing and stuck with being an artist as my backup plan. Luckily, he pissed me off enough that I decided to leave him and do everything he never wanted me to do -- including modeling. I have to say, it was the best decision I ever made :)

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow brittany! what a story! if thats not inspiration i dont know what is. but, i allways let people stomp on my dreams, they never come first to me. i dont feel like i deserve those things yet, and im working on that. im still convinced i will never go back to school and work for vet hosp the rest of my life and never make a good living. but im trying to change that. my love and passion is art, and my fam never encouraged it to be more than a hobby. my beau is very encouraging, but i dont feel like i can be secure persuing something that might potentialy not make any money with him persuing things that might not make him any money. and we both cant be broke, so i feel like im going to have to step up and do something for our future so that we dont have to almost have miocardial infarctions when the first of the month comes around. so maybe one day i will go to an art school. its not out of the question. thanks for the inspiration Britt.
i know what you mean.. back when i was still feeling really insecure after my ex and everything and i would go to a casting or audition, i always felt like i didn't belong.. that i didn't deserve to get the job. so i would always sabotage it or make up a last minute excuse and not even try.
it's definitely tough to make a living with art, unless you know people who own galleries and can get you in. but, you could build a website maybe to display your stuff..? that could always be a start and potentially some extra money! school is very expensive.. which is exactly why i never went. i'm like you -- i want to one day, but there are too many other financial obligations to attend to first!
i wish you the best <3

Delyssia LaBelle said:
wow brittany! what a story! if thats not inspiration i dont know what is. but, i allways let people stomp on my dreams, they never come first to me. i dont feel like i deserve those things yet, and im working on that. im still convinced i will never go back to school and work for vet hosp the rest of my life and never make a good living. but im trying to change that. my love and passion is art, and my fam never encouraged it to be more than a hobby. my beau is very encouraging, but i dont feel like i can be secure persuing something that might potentialy not make any money with him persuing things that might not make him any money. and we both cant be broke, so i feel like im going to have to step up and do something for our future so that we dont have to almost have miocardial infarctions when the first of the month comes around. so maybe one day i will go to an art school. its not out of the question. thanks for the inspiration Britt.
Thanks doll!

Brittany said:
i know what you mean.. back when i was still feeling really insecure after my ex and everything and i would go to a casting or audition, i always felt like i didn't belong.. that i didn't deserve to get the job. so i would always sabotage it or make up a last minute excuse and not even try.
it's definitely tough to make a living with art, unless you know people who own galleries and can get you in. but, you could build a website maybe to display your stuff..? that could always be a start and potentially some extra money! school is very expensive.. which is exactly why i never went. i'm like you -- i want to one day, but there are too many other financial obligations to attend to first!
i wish you the best <3

Delyssia LaBelle said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service