Advertise on PinupLifestyle

What would you like to read in a pin-up/ Rat Rod magazine? World Wide Magazine.

Ok we just wanted to have some input from fans of pin-ups and Rat Rods. What would you want to read and see in our new Magazine? Also if you are a writer or photographer who wants to be published in a print magazine please contact us. We are small but getting bigger every day. We only have about 2000 subscribers world wide right now. Thank you for any input from people who want to help.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think we'd like to see multiple page spreads of the "pin-up models" ....
Why? I mean it sounds good but why? The biggest thing that we have gotten so far is that we had to many pin-ups in our magazine already. So not trying to pick your brain but please tell me more about this multiple page spread of pin-up models? Would we need information from the models or the photographers? Which one be the lead on the pages? Thank for your input.

Flat Black Photography said:
I think we'd like to see multiple page spreads of the "pin-up models" ....
Less focus on car fetishism, more focus on glamour. Plus more articles on classic punk and rockabilly. Old school stuff. There isn't enough about the music out there anymore.
Why not Rat Rods? You don't like real metal cars with rust on them? Rods which don't have preatty and cute paint jobs? What does Rat Rod mean to you?

Michael Harrington said:
Don't call them Rat Rods! Thats a good start.
Rat Rod definition: A Rat Rod is a newly developed name for the original hot rod style of the early 1950's. A Rat Rod is usually a vehicle that has had many of it't non-critical parts removed. They are usually finished in primer or paints that are often period correct. They are very often a conglomeration of parts and pieces of different makes, models and after market parts. The term "rat rod" was first used by the high dollar, show cars guys to describe the low-buck, home built drivers. Don't forget the roots of the hobby (streetrods), it was the little guy in a garage on a budget (with help from his friends) that started it all. If you call them HOT RODS, TRADITIONAL RODS, STREETRODS, or RAT RODS they are here to stay and are making a showing at auto related events across the country. Check out http://www.streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/rat_rods.htm or http://autoculture.org/?p=700 In the mid-Nineties, the Rat Rod movement had become an entire lifestyle for a growing group in California. Sure, there were pockets of it smattered across the country, but just like car culture in post-WWII America, it had all started on the West Coast.

In those early days of the movement, the aesthetics were mainly derived from mid-century Americana: rockabilly music, cuffed jeans, Ike jackets, pompadours, pegged pants, pedal-pushers, bettie-bangs, the list goes on. Matter of fact, this aesthetic can still be found in American car culture, but it’s certainly flourished and grown to include facets of surfing, skateboarding, custom motorcycles, Punk Rock, Euro styles, Japanese pop culture, lowriding, tattoo culture, New Wave, early circle track racing culture, etc. Good to see car culture expanding in this way, even if the term “rat rod” has devolved into a derogatory term here at the end of the decade…

Also this is from great site also. I know it sounds silly to the un-initiated, but there are probably 30 or 40 different classes of hot rods, and every couple months, someone will invent an entirely new class. The designation comes from the overall theme the builder is trying to acomplish.

Tinker rod [just tinkering around with old parts]
Budget Rod [build it as cheap as possible]
Nostalgia rod [built in a traditional 40's or 50's style with period correct parts]
Billet Rod [high end "Chip Foose" style stuff with lots of CNC machined parts]
Kustom Rod [west coast high end rods from Barris, usually 60's themed]
Drag Rod [built for racing, but still in a traditional style]
California Rod [Low rider style]
Southern rod [no frills, lots of ground clearance, built for speed]
Bobber rod [pickup truck cab on a shortened frame]
East Coast Rod [built for comfort and reliability]
Freight Rod [large truck (one ton) from the 30's or 40's turned hot rod]
Kookie Rod [over the top high end custom, like the Golden Sahara or the Red Barron]
Rat Rod is a derogatory term? Why? I mean if you think is why? I mean redneck was bad in the days and still is. But around here not CA some people think it is a good thing.

Michael Harrington said:
I have been into cars since i was in high school in the 80's and worked on magazines for the last seven years. Rat Rod is a derogatory term. I don't like rust on cars. Gene Winfield, Larry Watson, Sam Barris, Bo Huff, Ed Roth, Dean Jefferies, Harry Westergard etc. Never built a rusted car to look like a s*** box. The goal of any car builder is to have a a finished hot rod or custom car. That does not mean you can't have primer spots and in construction fazes of the vehicle. GBut the goal is to finish the vehicle not to have it rust away.

Oh please no more punk rock. I like old punk rock and all, but I have never understood why the rockabilly music scene has infused so much punk rock into it.
We want it your input but we just want to know why? We had tried this a few other times. People seem to give short answers. We want more then short answers. So we ask for a little more from people. We hope this did not upset you. Hope you understand. It seems people say they don't like Rat Rods and then never tell us why. You know like when a girl friend says she is mad at you and when you ask why she says "You know why" and then you never do know and she want tell you. So that is why we ask.

So what magaine are you talking about women with tattoo’s on their foreheads. Now that iss crazy. So do you ever do any freelance stuff for other magazines. But we mostly like now West and East cost stuff. Because it seems that people forget about the middle of the USA.

Michael Harrington said:
Im giving my opinion cause you asked for it. Thats all. I have played in rockabilly bands in the past, used to put out my own RAB music zine and have been into cars since I've been a kid, that part is my dads fault.

Im just giving my advice, if you want to be taken seriously, avoid the whole rat rod thing. And like forest Gump says: "That's all I got to say about that"
A style column. No matter what part of this scene you love, they all have their own style. It would be great for people to get to read about a different style every month. Who knows, it may encourage people to open up to new styles, new ideas, and new parts of the scene.
You rock. That is great. Now that is helpful. I would not of thought of that. Can we use that. Keep up the good job. Really thank you.

Roxy Tart {M} said:
A style column. No matter what part of this scene you love, they all have their own style. It would be great for people to get to read about a different style every month. Who knows, it may encourage people to open up to new styles, new ideas, and new parts of the scene.
I know some writers on facebook that might be interested in helping you out. Should I send you some links?
Yes that would be great. Thank you. I tried a few people but everbody seems to not have time or think a magazine is not a thing that is read any more. Really sad days when a magazine it to long for people to read. lol

Bunny Levinson said:
I know some writers on facebook that might be interested in helping you out. Should I send you some links?
I'll email around. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service