Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Just wondering what everyone's favorite WWII movie is, vintage or not! Mine is Enemy At The Gate. It is Jude Law's hottest movie before he became not hot after the nanny incident. And the chick Tanya who is a sniper for Russia is so badass. You go tough Russian chicks! Any movie set during this explosive time period is awesome though and I wanted to get some opinions so I can check out a few I haven't seen already!

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Almost forgot Cabaret!!!! Another favorite!

SweetLeigh said:

Enemy at the Gate was my first thought but,

The Best Years of Our Lives is one of my all time faves!

I love Memphis Belle x

so many great films  ! xo

from the anzac. astralia -and the battle ship patamkin -early russian film  an ground  breaking  movie  film   and  Dam-busters  and english paitant  -to Z-force !  and a billion Fantastic  films  In between  !! 

RAMBO!

Only kidding - the HBO series Band of Brothers was really great - based on actual events about one particular unit of paratroopers named 'Easy Company'. This unit managed to stay together through the entire war from basic training to D-Day, throughout Europe, all the way to Hitler's 'Eagles Nest' after his suicide. One of the best features is in the beginning of each episode a narrative from the actual surviving men of 'Easy Company' telling you their stories first hand. It does not have the vintage edge that older WWII movies do, but the quality of the show is great. It was produced by Tom Hamks and Steven Spielberg after they made Saving Private Ryan. Because it was made into a ten hour mini series the story lines are real detail specific and the series does take you through the entire war.

Please note - the first episode stars David Schimmer who you would not expect to see in this kind of a series, but you are suppose to hate his character, so in that regard he does a good job. You must watch episode two, and if you do you won't be able to stop. My father in law is a huge WWII buff and would not watch the series because David Schimmer is in the first episode. It took me months to convince him and when he continued to episode 2 he watched the entire series back to back in a matter of days. I own the series and still pull it out once or twice a year to watch the whole thing.

A few years ago they also did a series based on fighting the Japanese called 'The Pacific'. Not as good as Band of Brothers, but still a good series.

And remember 'It's over Johnny!' 'NOTHING IS OVER! They drew first blood, not me. In Vietnam I commanded men, I was responsible for million dollar equipment, I come back home and I can't even GET A JOB PARKING CARS!' - John Rambo.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service