Advertise on PinupLifestyle
i suppose most peoples other halves are probably into tats too.

but my fella isnt really into them......i absolutely love my tattoos and since the last few hes started to get a bit arsey over them.......im starting to get bit upset over the situation as i want more and he knows i love them and i want to get more but WTF i cant be arsed dealing with the sulks! weve been together for over 5 years and i love him loads but why do people see the tattoos before the person????

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My ex husband had them, but didn't really like my choices. He went so far as to tell me I couldn't get a certain one. Note the ex husband comment.

My man now loves my tats, he thinks their super sexy. Much better match I think.
I had an ex who had ways of letting me know he while he wasn't trying to tell me not to get inked, would ask if I was going to get more, and even made a comment on the size of them once or twice. Then there was that time he flipped out b/c a dear friend of mine paid for a few pieces. Yea, ex for many reasons.

Anywho, my OH has almost a complete sleeve on his left arm and 1/2 sleeve on his right arm, so in that respect we match well. He didn't really even flinch when I told him I'd be tattooing my hands, other than making sure it's what I really wanted.

Definitely enjoy being an inked couple, tho I'm sure we wouldn't feel any differently about each other if one had tattoos and the other didn't. It's what's inside that matters, and even people with pretty artwork can be really rotten inside.
My Hubs and I both like them and I've been saying to get one. Any way I haven't gotten one cuz my dumb butt keeps buying chooes with my tat money LOL so I'm still waiting. Cross your fingers yo! one day soon
My boy has a lot more ink than I do, and is very patient with listening to me come up with, and then tear down, ideas for my own ink. I did once date a guy who wasn't thrilled with my piercings, but he's an ex now. Seems like we all have a common thread here. :)
My soon to be husband loves that I collect tattoos....he actually slings ink for a living. We are both huge art fans, so the tattoo culture has always been something that we've had in common. :) He is fully supportive in whatever I do, wear, and choose in life. I am a pretty lucky girl.
Definitely a logical request.

Out of curiosity, what it is that bugs him about your tattoos? And did you have them when the two of you started dating?
My man definitely does not like chicks with tattoos. I have one small one on my ankle and that's pretty much his limit of what is aesthetically acceptable. I would love to have more - on my feet, on my forearm, and my wrist. The only thing stopping me is lack of funds; I want to make sure I get good work and you have to drop serious dough for that. I do find it interesting what he'll say when that happens (notice I say "when" cuz it will happen someday!). We've been together for 10 years and I would like to think our relationship is stronger than looks.
peachy said:
well thats the thing no i didnt have any but he knew i loved them and knew id been on a few occasions to book but chickened out.......it took me about 5 years to get the balls to get one as i have a fear of needles/blood etc. i think when i showed my great interest in the start he didnt think id get one coz im a scaredy cat but when i love something and want something i will do it once i psych myself up
i dunno what it is that bugs him.........i think its coz the last couple have been quite big......im not sure! x x x
ps thank you for listening to me

Still...in the end it's your skin, and I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me I shouldn't have gotten this or that inked and in my head I'm laughing. I love the old-school photos of women with massive tattoo coverage, and how classy they can still look.

[And hey, it's what the forum is here for. =D ]

I've dated people with tatts and I've never really cared either way. If I like the person, a tattoo or other body modification won't change that.
Your man is probably entitled to his opinion, if nothing else he is letting you know how he feels which is much better than someone who isn't saying anything I should think. You should just gently let him know that this is a battle he can't win.
Stand by your ink ;)
My wife at first was not keen on the idea of a chest tattoo, especially since it was a memorial tattoo. But since that time, she admires it for what it represents, and the fact that it is so important to me. I think that often times those who seem intolerant just don't grasp just HOW DEEP of a meaning a tattoo can have for someone.
Tattoos are a form of self expression, and if you want one, then get one. My husband and I are both tattooed, and I have 2 full sleeves, a back piece, and chest piece planned. My husband was a little weary about it, but once my artist got it all drawn up, he fell in love with the artwork! (just like he loves me!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service