Advertise on PinupLifestyle

What do you think about posters as a way to break into selling prints?

A photographer wants to do a shoot with me but wants to sell posters from the shoot.  He thinks we can make a killing, but I told him I don't want to be cheesy about this seeing as it would be my first time out as a print model.  Thoughts???

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Summer, I'm wanting to do a pin up calendar that features both my WWII bomber art and models posed and dressed like the pin up girls on the aircraft. Wonder if your calendar publisher might be interested in my project?

Summer Croft said:

I say go for it. I am in a WWII style retro calendar that is now being submitted to printers to get them out into the kiasks in the mall. Not billions but its fun and get my work out there. You have to have that entrepranuer (sp?) spirit and go do great things for yourself. The economy makes things more challenging but that just forces one to be more creative to get their career/passion out their. You have to start somewhere. Enjoy and have great success!!

It sounds like he has never done this before or he wouldn't be making such a bold statement. I have been in this bus. for a while and selling anything "artsy " is a tough go. Doesn't matter the subject matter either. Although posters versus signed prints is a better way to go as the costs are much lower hence allowing the public to afford it. That's my 2cents worth.

The photographer is handeling it on that end so idk..When its settled I can let you know.

WolfmanJack1959 said:

Summer, I'm wanting to do a pin up calendar that features both my WWII bomber art and models posed and dressed like the pin up girls on the aircraft. Wonder if your calendar publisher might be interested in my project?

Summer Croft said:

I say go for it. I am in a WWII style retro calendar that is now being submitted to printers to get them out into the kiasks in the mall. Not billions but its fun and get my work out there. You have to have that entrepranuer (sp?) spirit and go do great things for yourself. The economy makes things more challenging but that just forces one to be more creative to get their career/passion out their. You have to start somewhere. Enjoy and have great success!!

Paul you are absolutely right. I have never done this before, so I'm plugging along trying to learn what to do as well as how to do it.  I agree wholeheartedly about the affordability aspect. The finished work has to be not only pleasing to the eye, but affordable, especially in this economy!

I would totally do it, but be careful with content and get something in writing, releases generally protect the photographer, not the model, so be specific in what you want public or not.

DO IT!!! me and one of my photographers have been discussing the same thing, its very hard to make a name for yourself where I live considering the lifestyle isnt very big here and what a better way to do it then by posters. You can even create some sort of pay pal and sell them to fans worldwide thats what ill be doing already have a few lined up to buy :) let me know if you do it!!

as one who would purchase, especially from the "era of posterdom" (60's 70's),  i wonder if it wouldn't be better to be published first, but as a customer, i'd look for ones with exceptioal photography, and personnally the more "risque" style pin-ups, thats just me, and with kool rods, just sayin

go or it!!! if i got that offer i would be all over it ;)

Once again, if it takes no monetary investment on your part go for it, however being a photographer myself I'm pretty skeptical about the whole thing. Quality posters are much more expensive to get made than smaller prints. And most people that are wiling to pay the price necessary to profit from the posters are going to want them of someone that has a super large fan base in the pinup world; like Masuimi or Bernie.

Lots of good advice. Go for it! and btw Demain66, love the Dirty Little Secrets posters :)

I say go for it....when I started doing pinup back in 2005 I had posters, pins and magnets...gave away some for free and some I sold...didn't really matter since the cost was low...it was fun.  a few years ago i was walking behind someone in the city that had one of my pins on their backpack...made me pretty excited :) 

I'm just a lowly fan of pinups! But if a mear faction of the modles here had prints of their shots, I would run out of wall space! I can only guess at the complexity of contracts between a photographer and a model over such things! Risks are everywere, but theres no fun found sitting at home! Go for it girl, and best of luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service