Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm just curious what people actually DO for a living. Do you love your job? Did you go to school for your job? I have such a strange job, and I'm always curious to hear what people do to make money.

I work offshore, in the gulf of Mexico, on a boat. I am a Life Support Technician, Here is a picture of what my office looks like.
I work on the boat for a month and then I am off work for a month, So I only work 6 months a year.. the rest of the time is vacation.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's wicked cool! Makes me miss being in the Navy!

I'm a housewifey. But I also design rockabilly kids clothing and accessories.
That is awesome!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
That's wicked cool! Makes me miss being in the Navy!

I'm a housewifey. But I also design rockabilly kids clothing and accessories.
I work with animals. Im a Vet Assistant and do everything from cleaning kennels and scheduling apotintments to placing IV catheters in biting chihuahuas, taking Xrays of wiggling cats and giving oxygen to guinea pigs . i love working with animals and seeing them recover. but the job is super hard and stressful. i often see abuse, have to euthanize family friends and the hours suck . plus your doctor(if he owns the practice) is as crazy as a bat. i'd say its 50/50 for me. could be better if i worked at a diff practice.
Yeah I don't think I could do that job, I'd be really bad at putting animals down.

Delyssia LaBelle {Madam} said:
I work with animals. Im a Vet Assistant and do everything from cleaning kennels and scheduling apotintments to placing IV catheters in biting chihuahuas, taking Xrays of wiggling cats and giving oxygen to guinea pigs . i love working with animals and seeing them recover. but the job is super hard and stressful. i often see abuse, have to euthanize family friends and the hours suck . plus your doctor(if he owns the practice) is as crazy as a bat. i'd say its 50/50 for me. could be better if i worked at a diff practice.
That's a pretty awesome job that you've got there. I got a degree in International Business--I worked for the Hotel InterContinental for 10 years--my official title was Guest Relations Manager. I handled VIP guests from start to finish of their stay in too much detail, this included lots of celebrities, foreign politicians (even some royals), and people who only thought they were special. I got burned out because of the super long hours--I could work an 18 or 22 hour shift w/ no breaks in between. Since 2007 I'm doing what I love--I make jewelry, hair flowers & coach volleyball to 14 year old girls.
I think your job now sounds more relaxing for sure!!

Red Hot Kitten Designs said:
That's a pretty awesome job that you've got there. I got a degree in International Business--I worked for the Hotel InterContinental for 10 years--my official title was Guest Relations Manager. I handled VIP guests from start to finish of their stay in too much detail, this included lots of celebrities, foreign politicians (even some royals), and people who only thought they were special. I got burned out because of the super long hours--I could work an 18 or 22 hour shift w/ no breaks in between. Since 2007 I'm doing what I love--I make jewelry, hair flowers & coach volleyball to 14 year old girls.
Wow!
I actually don't do anything I went too school for. I trained as a chef and in photography. I started as a chef in Disneyland when I was 19 and hurt my back bad enough to stop me from taking jobs that require me to stand for long periods of time. From there I went into Customer Service for a bit. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom and an Unpaid Caregiver for my mom and sometimes my dad. Our lovely state of California feels my parents make too much money in retirement so I do not get paid. It makes things much tougher but I'm moving in the direction of making a few retro style items (i.e. skirts, dresses) for us Pinups that have extra meat and potatoes.
Well I am sure you get paid in love and affection from your parents!!

GiGi Von Vroom said:
Wow!
I actually don't do anything I went too school for. I trained as a chef and in photography. I started as a chef in Disneyland when I was 19 and hurt my back bad enough to stop me from taking jobs that require me to stand for long periods of time. From there I went into Customer Service for a bit. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom and an Unpaid Caregiver for my mom and sometimes my dad. Our lovely state of California feels my parents make too much money in retirement so I do not get paid. It makes things much tougher but I'm moving in the direction of making a few retro style items (i.e. skirts, dresses) for us Pinups that have extra meat and potatoes.
It can be--but I work for a wealthy all girls Catholic school...some of them are very entitled and bold in their opinions. I will take them over a d-list celeb who thinks they are a-list any day though!

Meg A Tron said:
I think your job now sounds more relaxing for sure!!

Red Hot Kitten Designs said:
production artist for a sign company. not quite as exciting as some of your jobs but it pays the bills.

oh yea... also the official decal & banner guy for PinupLifestyle.com
I get awesome bragging rights with that job

Daniel
I'm a housewife as well, and a Cosmetology student <3
After Cosmetology school, I want to get an apprenticeship tattooing.
Also starting at the beginning of next year/ end of this year I'll be a full time mommy <3
:D [idk if that counts but I think it does! That's a lot of work and ridiculous hours XD]
I'm a stay at home mom and a Madam here on PL. Best two jobs in the world!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service