Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I just pulled a small portion of my Disney snow globe collection from storage today. Sitting here looking at them, I'm feeling slightly like a dork for having such an obsession with these things. I know I'm not the only one that harbors an infatuation for collecting... I guess it's just the gut feeling of knowing something will rise in value. Either way, I wanna know what all you PLers out there collect, if you do.

P.S. I'm in the process of dusting the boxes and making them presentable, as I'm considering selling some of them online, but if anyone should feel the need to see photos I can post some later. =0]

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I collect... TY Beanie Baby's. Started when I was a little girl, and have a pretty extensive collection now.
i collect magents and boys.
I collect any and everything Elvis - books, magnets, photos, knick knacks, records, magazines...I have since I was a little girl. I also collect black and white photography and garden gnomes.
I collect every thing of Lucille Ball especially I Love Lucy she's always been my idol since I was a kid and I collect phonograph record aka vinyls since I was a kid I thanks my dad for that love music from classical heading to early blues through music of today all the genre or just ordinary dame that collects anything vintage that I dig <3
In NOLA, there was a group that used to hold a birthday party for her every year. Everyone would get dressed up to the 9's in LBD's and wide rim hats. They haven't done so since Katrina but was always a fun event! I also have all of her movies.

I've always wanted to collect vintage hats...I recently went antiquing w/ a gal pal and saw some super ones. My Great Aunt Iris always wore hats...she had such a great collection of them too. She was a very stylish girl herself.

Miss Audrey Brooks said:
I LOVE Audrey I wish I could collect more Audrey Hepburn things. I was heartbroken when her actual dresses went up for sale a few years ago. What I would give for that ! I ADORE Audrey !

I actually collect vintage hats, I have over 200 of them and I have a smaller collection of hat boxes. Also collect vintage pinups from the WWII era and to the early 50s, have some ultra rare Elvgren and Vargas girls from the era. My husband and I also ended up collecting cars, two muscle cars and a vintage ( 1960s) Porsche 911. These days we are hoping to score an original condition Ford Model A r a 1937-38 Buick or my ultimate dream machine a 1955 Thunderbird.

Red Hot Kitten Designs said:
Anything & everything Audrey Hepburn. I have tons of books, gla****, tshirts, pictures, handbags, you name it. My latest score is an Audrey Hepburn Breakfast At Tiffany's Wine Glass. I'm hoping to nab a couple more so that I can have a whole set! I've even made myself Audrey themed hair flowers for my collection.
Umm...... Iv slowed down a lot but I had a huge obsession almost with collecting Nightmare before Christmas stuff lol like bathroom, and bedroom set in all also anything with Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Caribbean the ride not necessarily the move but it did'nt hurt. But once I had my daughter I stopped until she got the age where I could take her to disneyland and know its the pins at the park.... I wont buy them at the disney story it has to be from one of the parks. We have our lanyards and everything! Yes yes I know, I'm a dork, but i don't care!
Mummy's Little Monster said:
Too much stuff, thats the problem! I mainly collect artwork, vintage monster toys, comics, all kinds of books and magazines, dunnys, and rat fink stuff. here are a few pictures...just a peek at my house full of chaos.

Loving your collection doll!
Spoons. Baseball cards. PEZ dispersers. Stamps. Coins. Seashells. Crushed pennies. Dust.
I collect Disney's 'The Haunted Mansion' ride and 'Back to the Future' memorabilia! ^_^

I also have tonsss of Classic Horror and Halloween toys and posters! I have so many of both now, that I have to rotate out my artwork and figures throughout the year, just so that I get to use them all.
That's awesome!! :-D

LadyT aka Honey VoODoO:.:^v^:.: said:
Umm...... Iv slowed down a lot but I had a huge obsession almost with collecting Nightmare before Christmas stuff lol like bathroom, and bedroom set in all also anything with Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Caribbean the ride not necessarily the move but it did'nt hurt. But once I had my daughter I stopped until she got the age where I could take her to disneyland and know its the pins at the park.... I wont buy them at the disney story it has to be from one of the parks. We have our lanyards and everything! Yes yes I know, I'm a dork, but i don't care!
The discussion is just in time for Fan Expo over here! : P I'm hoping to add more to my collection of comic book figurines..yes, I'm a nerd!! Also some horror movie stuff..love that! Last year I got some pretty good deals at the last hour.
I love collecting skulls, halloween stuff, and anything that looks 50s kitschy..like the clock in my kitchen with a martini glass on it. That sorta thing.
Oh you need to come to SF and we will go antiquing together ! Lots of good things here. We are notorious collectors. Right now I have over 200 hats but I will be selling some to make room and funds for different ones.

I also have all the Audrey movies, and I get Audrey books and memorabilia every Christmas from the in laws. When I was a teenager I was constantly told that I looked like her, I have no issues with that at all ! = )

Would love to attend an Audrey themed party !

In NOLA, there was a group that used to hold a birthday party for her every year. Everyone would get dressed up to the 9's in LBD's and wide rim hats. They haven't done so since Katrina but was always a fun event! I also have all of her movies.

I've always wanted to collect vintage hats...I recently went antiquing w/ a gal pal and saw some super ones. My Great Aunt Iris always wore hats...she had such a great collection of them too. She was a very stylish girl herself.

Miss Audrey Brooks said:
I LOVE Audrey I wish I could collect more Audrey Hepburn things. I was heartbroken when her actual dresses went up for sale a few years ago. What I would give for that ! I ADORE Audrey !

I actually collect vintage hats, I have over 200 of them and I have a smaller collection of hat boxes. Also collect vintage pinups from the WWII era and to the early 50s, have some ultra rare Elvgren and Vargas girls from the era. My husband and I also ended up collecting cars, two muscle cars and a vintage ( 1960s) Porsche 911. These days we are hoping to score an original condition Ford Model A r a 1937-38 Buick or my ultimate dream machine a 1955 Thunderbird.

Anything & everything Audrey Hepburn. I have tons of books, gla****, tshirts, pictures, handbags, you name it. My latest score is an Audrey Hepburn Breakfast At Tiffany's Wine Glass. I'm hoping to nab a couple more so that I can have a whole set! I've even made myself Audrey themed hair flowers for my collection.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service