Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Just wanted to know what kind and brand of lipstick my lovely PL wear. I just started to wear lipstick but only have two and of course they are both Mac and you know how expensive they can get. dont get me wrong they are great and stay on all day, even when you are at work. I just need to more  shades of red. I have Mac Viva Glam and russian red. xoxoxoxo

Views: 438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't afford MAC, so I use Maybelline moisture extreme the colour is Royal Red. I really dig this because it doesn't make my lips SUPER chapped like Revlon does, though it can get a little messy. I also like it 'cause it smells nifty.
I really like the maybelline Red Revival. It's reall creamy and stays on great and is quite cheap. AND it can be found at nearly ANY drugstore around! ;) xoxoxo Devannka
A Mac lippie will set you back $35 here is Australia which is approx US$32 - so super expensive, it is actually cheaper to order from the states and pay postage from somewhere like Sephora.

I have recently found the perfect red lipstick for me which is called Red Revival by Maybelline - here that costs about $15 so by US standards still not comparable :(

Annie Mae said:
MAC lipticks are around $14...so they are much more expensive (by about $4 to $5 more) in Europe.
I wear MAC Russian Red; it seems to be pretty popular! Bitten by Lola is also nice; it's more of a crimson blood-red.I tried Gash by Urban DecAy, but it is more of a sherry berry shade.

If I want a gloss, I layer on Buxom Lips in Vanessa; it's a nice blood red shade. It requires diligent reapplication though. :(

if i am going for a gothier look, I use MAC lipstick in Cyber- a purple black shade. I layer the matching lipglass in Desire on top. I believe the matching lipliner is Nightmoth.

My everyday shade is Dior Addict in Violet Solstice; it's an awesome berry shade. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. :(

dafnie beck said:
if it still might help i like the estee lauder signature lipstick in rich red - it stays on forever!
i use a wide range of diff. ones. besame in besame red, mac in ruby woo, mac in russian red, mac in bombshell, mac in kinda sexy, i am trouble by masuimi max in crimson ( i really want to get my hands on the winter red one, but it's always sold out :/..) i also use barely beige and creamy mauve from her line :), i love masuimi's line because it is so affordable. the packaging is simple, but sleek.

the nyx ones aren't that bad, like the one in electra, but they are loaded with paraben :(
I am also curious about the Ellis Faas lipstick in Ellis Red; I've read a lot about it on various beauty blogs. It seems to be a color that suits many different skintones and gets great reviews. I'll have to try it soon.

I also wanted to mention that if y'all are interested in trying "drugstore" reds, BellaSugar recently did a series of reviews on the best ones to buy. I don't have the link, but it should be relatively easy to search for.
I love rimmel lipstik in Allarmes and Jet set red and Berry Queen. The 2 first are really nieces reds and the second is an niece deep berry. I love it cause its inexpensiveand they are good colors.
I just switched from MAC's Russian Red, which has never looked "right" on me, to MAC's Diva. Ding ding ding! That's the one. So happy!
ok, so I've used benetint, and It just doesn't last long enough. my friend bought the Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain and lemme tell you!
that stuff stayed on alllll day!!! I even slept in it and it was still on in the morning!!!!
I am absolutely in love with anything Merle Norman! The products have never let me down! They just came out with two shades of red Flirt Alert (which is more of an orange-based red) and Americana (which is more blue-based red) both are gorgeous! Also they do have a new Automatic Lip Pencil Plus in Fiesta Rose that is more of a magenta red....Not sure which one is for you, find a nearby store and ask to try on all three! Also get a free steam facial they are fabulous! Hope this helps...
I like to wear Maybelline Color Stay, it goes on pretty nice and then stays on for quite awhile. Of course you have to reapply a little here and there. i wear red and a little darker color called flame.
I bit the bullet and bought the Ellis Faas in Ellis Red. OMG, I love it. It's a creamy, rich blood red. I don't care for the applicator; I use a brush and it takes a few minutes to get the color even but the results are well worth it.

Ashley Rose, I used to LOVE Merle Norman when I lived down south. It was *the* makeup for ladies to wear in Louisiana. I haven't seen a studio since I moved to California though. (Of course, I'm still kinda ticked that they discontinued my foundation color!) The colors sound gorgeous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service