Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Just wanted to know what kind and brand of lipstick my lovely PL wear. I just started to wear lipstick but only have two and of course they are both Mac and you know how expensive they can get. dont get me wrong they are great and stay on all day, even when you are at work. I just need to more  shades of red. I have Mac Viva Glam and russian red. xoxoxoxo

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so glad to hear you love merle products. I'm definitely a fan and i'm sorry they discontinued your shade. If your ever interested in tryin any products we definitely can mail them to you at your convenience!

Cherry Cyanide said:
I bit the bullet and bought the Ellis Faas in Ellis Red. OMG, I love it. It's a creamy, rich blood red. I don't care for the applicator; I use a brush and it takes a few minutes to get the color even but the results are well worth it.

Ashley Rose, I used to LOVE Merle Norman when I lived down south. It was *the* makeup for ladies to wear in Louisiana. I haven't seen a studio since I moved to California though. (Of course, I'm still kinda ticked that they discontinued my foundation color!) The colors sound gorgeous.
OMG, that would rock. Do you think you can get some red samples? My aunt mails me the eye makeup remover. :P

Ashley Rose said:
I'm so glad to hear you love merle products. I'm definitely a fan and i'm sorry they discontinued your shade. If your ever interested in tryin any products we definitely can mail them to you at your convenience!

I'm a cheapskate, and stick to what I can buy from local drug stores. I use Revlon's Matte in Really Red. I prefer matte colors because anything glossy smudges too much.
After applying, I coat on Plumped Red Infallible lip gloss by L'oreal. The brush is perfect for doubling as a liner, and it really does last for 6 hours. =0D
If ya'll are looking for some suggestions, I found these lists online a few months ago. I recognize some of the names as faves from this thread, but there may be some hidden gems. Enjoy!

From Bellasugar.com:

A list of favorite "High End" red lipsticks: http://www.bellasugar.com/Best-High-End-Red-Lipsticks-6746911

A list of favorite red lipsticks for less than $15: http://www.bellasugar.com/Best-Drugstore-Red-Lipsticks-6515407
I used to be an avid Russian Red girl....but then I found Illamasqua, and I cant remember the last time I wore Russian Red now lol.
Box by Illamasqua is my signature red, and I am looking forward to purchase two more from them, The only pieces of MAC I still use are my brushes, and a pale nude lippy,and lip pencils like cherry go very well with Box, a nice combo of the two brands :)

I have yet to try Masuimi's winter red,but I hear good things !!!

Im a blue red girl!

xxx
I usually wear red. It's pretty rare for me to not be wearing red, and the reds I tend to grab are Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red, L'Oreal Infallible in Crimson, and sometimes Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato, though that one makes my lips feel tacky which is why I don't wear it more often. Occasionally though, I feel like red just isn't quit what I'm needing. Sometimes I feel like a more berry shade would be better and in that case I use L'Oreal Infallible in Cerise. Or, if I want a more natural, but still retro, look then I go for L'Oreal Infallible in Apricot. Can you tell I don't like to constantly reapply? LoL.
I wear many many shades of Lime Crime Lipstick. Mostly in Styletto. I am unusual as I perfer stranger colors to classic red, but a lot of that has to do with the more off colors match my outfits and personality.
Here's some more info on choosing and wearing reds: http://www.bellasugar.com/How-Wear-Choose-Red-Lipstick-2572409
I just recently bought a red lipstick from Sephora and I LOVE it! But I too need to find other shades!!
A girl at one of the shows I recently did, told me that the best red she has ever used, and that lasts forever, and never smudges is a red marks-a-lot marker. I've never tried it, but this girl swears by it! And of course it did look fantastic.
I've wondered about that! I was goofing around and used a red Sharpie on my toenails a couple of weeks ago, and it WILL NOT COME OFF. My nails are stained a bright pink! If someone is willing to have red lips until their skin regenerates, that could be a good thing... if the chemicals in markers aren't harmful to ingest. Does anyone know offhand?

Nicole Thiessen said:
A girl at one of the shows I recently did, told me that the best red she has ever used, and that lasts forever, and never smudges is a red marks-a-lot marker. I've never tried it, but this girl swears by it! And of course it did look fantastic.
Just a quick endorsement for MAC's Russian Red- I wore it to an outdoor festival this weekend. I applied it around 10 am with the matching Cherry lipliner. By the time I left at 4:30, it was still mostly intact without reapplication! This is through heat and wind and all that out in the elements stuff! I was quite impressed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service