Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So does anyone have a "vintage" inspired kitchen? I would love to see some pictures please! I just bought my first house, it was built in the 80's but i am going to turn the kitchen into a 50's style kitchen. I already have a 50 model electric frigidaire stove, but i am considering buying a o'keefe and merrit one of my friends has.

I would love to have some inspiration!

Views: 770

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My place was built in '74 and I suspect renovated in the mid-late '80s, and it shows. My kitchen is where I think I've best skipped over the unfortunate past, by painting my walnut-colored cabinets a bright white, and by replacing the antiqued brass hardware with brushed chrome in a style that is mid-century appropriate. I still need to replace the knobs on the pantry doors, though, and I have my eyes on a set from rejuvenation.com. My countertop and major appliances will stay because I'm in no position nor mood to make that big of an investment on this little condo. As Kim pointed out, accessories and details help make the mood.

Cough cough, ahem. ;)

You can find the storage containers shown below and other lovely vintage kitchen items at my online shop. I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about any listings.

I know this is nothing like what you mean but I thought you could use this shot of my wife for inspiration.  Good luck with the renovation!

Did someone say vintage kichens?! Ooooh! My little ears are ringing! My kitchen/diner project has been ongoing. I've attached a couple of snippets of what it currently looks like but this is the tip of the ice berg! I am doing yet another renovation and will be painting all the wooden cupboards a two tone pink/red. What an exciting topic! :) 

Attachments:

Another pic!

Attachments:

Though my mother has a modern refrigerator, it sets next to a 1949 O'keef and Merrit stove that  she still uses. It will be a good look to a 50's kitchen.

I love all the pictures and resources for inspiration! We are trying to save up enough money to remodel our kitchen. Our house was built in 1957, but looks to have been remodeled sometime in the 70s. There is an unfortunate yellow, brown, and orange wallpaper/linoleum scheme going on. The cabinets are also a very ugly shade of brown wood with horrible hardware. The stove and oven are original to the house though and I love them. They are GE and are the color of chocolate milk! :) I plan on repainting the cabinets, replacing the hardware, redoing the countertops, etc. when we get some money. I can't wait.  

I bought a griddle top O'Keefe and Merritt off Craigslist a few years ago it was only 50s but I had to clean and replace some seals it was the best stove I've ever had... Currently it lives in storage while I wait to buy a house. If you can find one with a griddle go for it. Currently our rental is super modern but I do have my vintage Pyrex/melemac out. Hoping next house is vintage there are so many of them in town!

I did the kitchen in my 2005 built house in red and white vintage coca-cola. I like it but I also love the pink and green and the black and white checkered floor!! When I move to TX in a few months, I am changing to the pink and green and have already started collecting the accessories! Thanks for that picture! Love it!

Just Dan said:

I know this is nothing like what you mean but I thought you could use this shot of my wife for inspiration.  Good luck with the renovation!

http://airlase.com/1950s-kitchen-designs/

This website has some really great photos.....

I forgot! This store is just down the road from my house! Bars and Booths

They recommend the brand Big Chill for reproduction appliances.

oh!  I wish I had good pictures of my kitchen all gussied up, but I do have a shot right after we redid the floor in pink & gray tiles, and painted the wall in seafoam.  The 50s curtains are up (albeit sadly) and you can see my original stove... Then I once in awhile instagram random knick-knacks, which pretty much get the point across on my styling! Of course you must picture the framed pin-up cover illustrations hanging all over the walls (that actually came from the estate of I believe a Playboy editor from back in the day here in Chicago)...and that's pretty much my little kitchen nook!  ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service