Advertise on PinupLifestyle

On the one hand, I like the freedom of PL. They arent' overly strict about what sorts of photos you put on here, although of course there are limits.

On the other hand, it's rather disappointing to look at someone's portfolio, and instead of photos of them, or photos they've taken, it's a bunch of random  cartoons from off the internet or something like that. I'd prefer to see your photos.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a social site-- so people put in their profiles whatever they think shows that part of their personality they want to show you.  It isn't as specific as MM, where one would just put a port.  I have pictures of the dresses I sell because, well, I want to sell them.  I don't really have pictures I have taken of people, not many of myself, either, because it doesn't seem relevant to this site. 

One thing you WON'T find me doing is stealing pictures that don't belong to me and posting them anywhere.  In fact, I am kind of a b***h when I find people doing that and will do what I can to make it right.  It is a pet peeve of mine, just because one finds it on the internet does not make it "free". 

Nicely put Trousseau, your wisdom and helpful instinct does not go unnoticed in the forums, thank you!

Cowboy some would beg to differ, we're actually VERY strict. Every single photo uploaded is reviewed by a human to see if it meets one of many guidelines, some of which include no nudity, no 100's of proofs from a shoot, no abundance of "myspace mirror shots" no dogs, babies, food, no more than a handful of photos from a photosession, and most importantly they must be "lifestyle related". 

The last item on that list is whats most important, what molds the "feel" of the community, the "vibe" of the gallery. The cartoons you refer to are most likely related to the lifestyle, we have a few era aficionado's on the site with massive and beautiful collections of ads and cartoons from the past that they contribute, as well as artists that cartoon in a pinup-esque fashion. IF you feel what you found goes against our pretty strict guidelines please do report it to one of our madams for review. Its not impossible that in a 4am approval session our eyes blinked and something slipped by.

I do feel where you're coming from about wanting to see the person, might be a nice thing to ask on their wall if they would upload a photo of them so we connect with the persona!
Thanks for the clarification Edson. I don't think I've seen anything that's against the guidelines. Just a preference for seeing pin up photos more than anything else. And The Trosseau, I"m certainly not complaining about you pimping your dresses, although more photos of you would certainly be appreciated. ;)
I know I've uploaded a lot of art that one might consider "cartoony."  This art is pinup or rockabilly-related and because I love it so much, I want to share with others who might appreciate it as much as I do.  And of course, I give each artist credit for their work.  And there's also plenty of pictures of my mug, whether or not people want to see them.  :)

I would just like to say that the "cartoons" as you put it are always the persons intellectual property too! :)

We have artists on here, as well as vendors, photographers, models, people who are just here to appreciate the beauty.

We have some wonderful artists on here, not to mention any names but richie and santiago pin-ups are both amazing!!

As Edson said, all photos are approved by a person. (aka a Madam on here, or from the PL team) and there are strict guidelines :)

That does make a huge difference. I did not realize that the person had to have rights to the IP, and could not just post any random images they liked off the net. I support any expression of someone's creativity, cartoons included.

Betty Maraschino {Madam} said:

I would just like to say that the "cartoons" as you put it are always the persons intellectual property too! :)

We have artists on here, as well as vendors, photographers, models, people who are just here to appreciate the beauty.

We have some wonderful artists on here, not to mention any names but richie and santiago pin-ups are both amazing!!

As Edson said, all photos are approved by a person. (aka a Madam on here, or from the PL team) and there are strict guidelines :)

Just want to mention that simply crediting the artist isn't covering the bases to ensure you aren't committing a copyright violation.  Though someone would probably not come after you for money, they could decide to shut down this site and try to win themselves a nice pocket of change. 
A good point Tro, however it's not as clean cut as you make it sound. Copyright holders must first give legal notice by filing a DMCA complaint, we have every intention of complying with any properly filed DMCA notices that state such a violation.
Not a problem, Edson.  But the passive stance is not really a reassuring position for an artist to hear.  I know I check out sites before I will sell to them or post anything of mine and if the reputation is not a safe one, I don't write for them or post anything more than a forum post.  I also don't let my students get away with simply mentioning the artist's name, even for an academic paper where they do have the right to use sections of work and pictures.

As a large network we are bound by similar issues as others such as facebook, myspace, youtube etc... where solutions to verify copyright as a moderation stop for all content flowing in simply doesn't scale. This was one of the reasons for the creation of the DMCA, it's notices and the way it functions. To you it may sound passive, to us it's a very important resource that stands as a middleman to verify claims of violations. Not passive but definitely reactive. It's a shame the same can't be said for all sites, most simply don't care.

We're appointed an agent, when/if an artist wishes to file a complaint they contact that agent and the process begins of verifying the ownership and contacting us for removal if appropriate. The form to do so can be found right HERE on our site and allows copyright owners to claim violations. If we receive a legal notice to remove the content by the agent, we gladly comply.

But that's enough of that mumbo jumbo, I don't think thats what this topic is about so lets try and get it back on target!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service