Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Do you know one of these? The kind of people that constantly feel the need to make themselves feel better than you? I'll give you an example: I'm a mom to an almost 2 yr old, so on my facebook I like to post about her little milestones. A fellow mom friend likes to chime in and point out what her child is doing better. He's 2 months older than my daughter! She also did this while I was losing pregnancy weight, because she lost hers quicker than I did. WTF? Who does that?!

Tell me your one-upper stories! I know I'm not the only one who has em, lol!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is an SNL skit with a woman who is always saying how she is better in this way and that, while running her fingers through her hair. Its one of the few funny SNL skits, although somewhat painful to watch.

...and I would add my own one-upper story, but I feel that would make me a one-upper as well, and I dont want to go there.
Here, watch this and any other "Penelope" SNL skits on hulu, so everytime you read one of this comments from that other mom, you will just think of Penelope and laugh.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/107509/saturday-night-live-penelope

"this is my day, I bought it from the government, its national Penelope day in 14 countries"
ive known those people and they are no fun to be around.
this kinda stuff has happened since my little girl was born. her dad (who i haven't been with since i was 3 months pregnant with our kid) and his mother always go out and try to buy more and do more. i don't even bother reminding them anymore that it's not a race to win her little affection.
i have so many one-upper stories, that i would have no clue as to where to begin, lol. i just grit my teeth and smile, like the classy lady i know i am, lol. no ones perfect. chances are that the ones trying to one-up you, actually aren't as peachy as they make themselves sound, but whatever makes them feel better.

no matter how snooty, rude, and off-putting one might be, just kill 'em with kindness.
I have experienced "one uppers" on this site. lol. I won't get into details because I want to remain friends, but it deffinately gets under my skin!! I couldn't imagine someone one upping me about my (future?) babys!! I would have Popped off on the broad who's doing it to you and I would have lost a friend, so CHEERS to you for restraining.. lol. or have you said something???
Well I don't have kids so I can't relate on the one-upping parental side of things....but my BFF is a mother of two, and her 9 year old son is in Karate and I hear the stories of this kind of stuff ALL the time!

A friend of mine has a new BF that seems to be a little bit of a one-upper....We'll see how long he lasts in our circle of friends if he keeps that behavior up.....
I posted this thread before you did on another site.
Bwahahaha, dude, thats just mean <3

In the spirit of things, yes I have experienced one uppers. Mainly with the fact that I'm 22, all the girls I went to school with have a minimum of 3 kids now. I don't have any. They feel they can one up me with that.

Edson {PL Team} said:
Ha! Lmao!

Edson {PL Team} said:
I have typed things out and deleted them sooo many times lol. I'm biting my tongue so far! It isn't easy, lol.

Miss Nikki Sin{★} said:
I have experienced "one uppers" on this site. lol. I won't get into details because I want to remain friends, but it deffinately gets under my skin!! I couldn't imagine someone one upping me about my (future?) babys!! I would have Popped off on the broad who's doing it to you and I would have lost a friend, so CHEERS to you for restraining.. lol. or have you said something???
unfortunately thats the story of my work life. I used to make up stories to see how far they would go on one upping.

double-d

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service