Advertise on PinupLifestyle
This is crazy...the tattooed Barbie even comes with a tattoo gun so you can put the stickers anywhere! It's starting controversy with parents whom I think need to lighten the hell up. They're not even the fake tattoos they are just damn stickers. What young girl doesn't put stickers on her when she's little?! If it was "Totally Stylin' Sticker Barbie" nobody would give a s***. I think some parents need to understand that over protecting your child from the realities of life will only breed rebellious behavior down the road. Just because your kid wants a Barbie with tattoo stickers doesn't mean she's going to be a f*** up when she gets older, not if you are a good role model. Man, this really got me fired up for some reason.

Oh and here's the commercial

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was saying!

Christina Misae said:
It's ridiculous the things people get offended by. If parents spent more time with their kids teaching them morals and good behavior instead of always getting offended by every tiny little thing then the world would be full of well mannered caring people instead of people who criticize and hate each other.

I grew up arround tattoos, and own quite the (growing) collection myself and this is a subject that always gets me heated. First off - if you have tattoos you are no less of a person. I have had people treat me awful because of them, or give me shitty service because of them...without even knowing the first thing about me. I don't do drugs, I don't go get drunk every single night of the week, I don't steal, I don't cheat. I go to work 9-5, pay my bills, own my own home, my own car, plant flowers in my garden and snuggle up to my best friends babies while we watch Little Einstiens. I am a human being who loves and feels...no different then anyone else, just because you are black or brown or green or purple doesn't mean you are a bad person. America needs to get over judging people by looks - we all breathe the same air and bleed blood. We all laugh and cry and smile and frown. We are all human. I see nothing wrong with a tattooed barbie, and actually like the idea. Teaching someone to express a little independence is NOT a bad thing...and it most certainally WON'T spawn a f*** up of a child down the road. Like Seanna said - over protecting your child like that will only spawn rebellious behavior down the road.

I have had people ask me, "What are your children going to learn from your tattoos?" And I always shoot back..."it will teach them not to judge people by the way they look, because tattoos or no tattoos...we are going to be awesome, loving, good parents. "
There are far worse things a child could play with and people are getting worked up over a barbie with tattoos! They're stickers for goodness sake! Kids watch worse things on tv!
I had that same thought.

Switchblade Smythe said:
Oh, and I am buying this Barbie just in case I have a little girl in the future!
Hear hear! That's a terrific response. I wish I could see their faces! :)

Betty Red {M} said:
I have had people ask me, "What are your children going to learn from your tattoos?" And I always shoot back..."it will teach them not to judge people by the way they look, because tattoos or no tattoos...we are going to be awesome, loving, good parents. "
I think that the interesting thing about this is that people are only getting fired up because Barbie is traditionally marketed at girls.

Action Man (G.I. Joe) has always had a tattoo (of his own initials for the love of God) and no one's ever been bothered about that.

And yes, kids at the moment are revolting... I love it when I meet a kid who is mannered and interested but what makes that sad is the realisation that every other child you meet is a hideous little clone of the greasy yard ape that spawned them. It is fascinating that these same parents don't have an issue with their precious little kids being sold underwear with provocative messages written on them in sparkles (ADORABLE!) or T.I.N.Y. little denim skirts (PRECIOUS!) or heeled boots (TOO MUCH!) or being sold on mobile phones, laptops, b*******, fundamental right wing Christian bigotry or any of the other 'essential' trappings of a responsible adult life.

I guess dressing like a stripper and thinking like a right wing Neo Nazi is fine... It's obviously the ink that makes them slutty or socially unacceptable.

I can't wait to see how they all react to Evolution Barbie (From Chimp to WASP in three easy transformations) with clip on intelligence and respect accessories!
"I have had people ask me, "What are your children going to learn from your tattoos?" And I always shoot back..."it will teach them not to judge people by the way they look, because tattoos or no tattoos...we are going to be awesome, loving, good parents. "

Thanks for that Betty! Well said.

Betty Red {M} said:
I grew up arround tattoos, and own quite the (growing) collection myself and this is a subject that always gets me heated. First off - if you have tattoos you are no less of a person. I have had people treat me awful because of them, or give me shitty service because of them...without even knowing the first thing about me. I don't do drugs, I don't go get drunk every single night of the week, I don't steal, I don't cheat. I go to work 9-5, pay my bills, own my own home, my own car, plant flowers in my garden and snuggle up to my best friends babies while we watch Little Einstiens. I am a human being who loves and feels...no different then anyone else, just because you are black or brown or green or purple doesn't mean you are a bad person. America needs to get over judging people by looks - we all breathe the same air and bleed blood. We all laugh and cry and smile and frown. We are all human. I see nothing wrong with a tattooed barbie, and actually like the idea. Teaching someone to express a little independence is NOT a bad thing...and it most certainally WON'T spawn a f*** up of a child down the road. Like Seanna said - over protecting your child like that will only spawn rebellious behavior down the road.

Haha! Wasp Barbie! That's freaking perfect.

Los Furias Tiki said:
I think that the interesting thing about this is that people are only getting fired up because Barbie is traditionally marketed at girls.

Action Man (G.I. Joe) has always had a tattoo (of his own initials for the love of God) and no one's ever been bothered about that.

And yes, kids at the moment are revolting... I love it when I meet a kid who is mannered and interested but what makes that sad is the realisation that every other child you meet is a hideous little clone of the greasy yard ape that spawned them. It is fascinating that these same parents don't have an issue with their precious little kids being sold underwear with provocative messages written on them in sparkles (ADORABLE!) or T.I.N.Y. little denim skirts (PRECIOUS!) or heeled boots (TOO MUCH!) or being sold on mobile phones, laptops, b*******, fundamental right wing Christian bigotry or any of the other 'essential' trappings of a responsible adult life.

I guess dressing like a stripper and thinking like a right wing Neo Nazi is fine... It's obviously the ink that makes them slutty or socially unacceptable.

I can't wait to see how they all react to Evolution Barbie (From Chimp to WASP in three easy transformations) with clip on intelligence and respect accessories!
lols to "greasy yard ape" and "WASP Barbie"! : ) Haha!

Los Furias Tiki said:

i want one, and yes i would get one for my little girl, id be a proud mama of a tattoo gun whielding girl!
temporary tattoos have been around forever, cracker jacks people. and fruit stripe gum. thats all i have to say.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service