Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Top 3 Rockabilly bands: Who do you think this should be. Living bands only.

Ok we would like to know what is the top 3 Rockabilly bands out they’re right now. I mean which 3 is your top 3. Not what song recorder company says? Also educate us. Tell us why and if they have a link or website to check out. I would love to learn more from other people. So if we ask you why please help us understand. We really want to know.

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The greatest psychobilly band is Austin's own Flametrick Subs!
Any others? There has to be more then one.

Bunny Levinson said:
The greatest psychobilly band is Austin's own Flametrick Subs!
Do psychobilly bands count? In that case I'd go with Demented Are Go, Rev.Horton Heat and The Quakes. I LOVE these bands and many more...but those are important because they're the first bands I got into. Actually my first psychobilly show was the Reverend in Vancouver..great show! I was at a punk house and everyone was going to this show when I got there so why not? I went along with them..it was the first time I saw chicks wearing 50s style dresses and hairstyles..and it peaked my curiousity. I was still dressed as a street punker. Ah...the good old days! : P
Wanda Jackson
Big Sandy and the Flyrite Boys
The Go Getters

There are so many, but those 3 are my favorites!
Now that is cool. I love to read stuff like that. Thank you. It makes me wish I had been there. You rock.

Anita Fixx said:
Do psychobilly bands count? In that case I'd go with Demented Are Go, Rev.Horton Heat and The Quakes. I LOVE these bands and many more...but those are important because they're the first bands I got into. Actually my first psychobilly show was the Reverend in Vancouver..great show! I was at a punk house and everyone was going to this show when I got there so why not? I went along with them..it was the first time I saw chicks wearing 50s style dresses and hairstyles..and it peaked my curiousity. I was still dressed as a street punker. Ah...the good old days! : P
Which one of these band did you hear first and did it help make you like the others? Good picks buy the way. I like The Go Getters.

Kim Bombshell said:
Wanda Jackson
The Go Getters

Aw..thanks for thinking it's cool! lol And thanks for reminding me why I love Vancouver..just one of the many reasons! Cheers to you!

Rust Queen inc said:
Now that is cool. I love to read stuff like that. Thank you. It makes me wish I had been there. You rock.

Anita Fixx said:
I first heard Wanda Jackson's "Let's have a party" when I was a little girl. I've seen her perform many times and for a little bitty lady, who reminds me of my grandma, she still can rock!

I think Big Sandy is the top modern rockabilly outfit in the US. Robert Williams has a wonderful stage presence and sings like an angel. They tour relentlessly and were doing this music before it became fashionable (is it ever fashionable?) in the US.

The Go Getters...well, what can I say about the Go Getters that can compare to one of their live performances. I have had the opportunity to work with them many times, booking them and promoting their shows in California. Peter (who is a party unto himself!) always plays until they unplug him. The very first show I booked him for, in 2007, they played until 2:20 AM (bar is supposed to close at 1:45) because the bar manager didn't want them to stop. His drumming on a 3 piece stand up drum, and his voice just makes you want to dance. I love that he covers punk standards like "Teenage Kicks" and the Ramone's "Blitzkreig Bop" but in a rockabilly way. Aside from the personal relationship we've developed, I would never miss an opportunity to see them live.

Rust Queen inc said:
Which one of these band did you hear first and did it help make you like the others? Good picks buy the way. I like The Go Getters.
Kim Bombshell said:
Wanda Jackson
The Go Getters

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service