Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm on an endless hunt for ways to make my nail polish last. Here's a few interesting tips I just stumbled across that I'd never heard before.

- Reapply cuticle oil on a daily basis - on the cuticles and all the way up to cover the polish.
- It takes 12 hours for nail polish to fully harden. In these 12 hours, stay away from heat: hot tubs, saunas, even washing your hands with hot water. If you can't beat the heat, run your hands under cold water for 10-15 seconds immediately after to re-cure it.
- Synthetic fragrances, found in lotions and such, can crack polish. Look instead for those with only natural oils.

Have you ever heard of these, or other tips to making your manicure last longer?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flick your topcoat under the free edge of the nail plate.

I have acrylic overlays (not extensions but the same stuff just without the plastic tip) and find that my nail varnish never chips no matter what I use or do. It sticks really well, but its obviously much higher maintenance and can damage the nail plate.

All of those you listed are good practice though as far as I know.

I have an over lay as well, and my nails never chip. But for those who don't want to go the acrylic route, there is a "new" type of Gel polish that lasts twice as long, sometimes longer, then normal nail polish. It goes over your real nails, does no damage, and doesn't chip. I had my mom try it and she has gone from mani's once a week, to once a month.

The only one I've heard is to use cuticle oil.  Also, to use top coat every day.

wow that sounds interesting. Can I please get the neme of this Gel polish, i'll look for it in UK.

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
I have an over lay as well, and my nails never chip. But for those who don't want to go the acrylic route, there is a "new" type of Gel polish that lasts twice as long, sometimes longer, then normal nail polish. It goes over your real nails, does no damage, and doesn't chip. I had my mom try it and she has gone from mani's once a week, to once a month.
I rub my nails down with rubbing alcohol first, to remove any oils. It helps the polish to adhere. =0]
I've heard great things about the Gel polish! I'm hoping to get one soon! :D

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Longer lasting nail polish?  Give up the housework, dishes, and laundry and that manicure should last alot longer.  The 12 hour curing time may just be true.  I nick my polish sometimes a few hours after I think its dry.  Sometimes I reapply the top coat after 2 days and that seems to work.  I've heard good things about the gel polish, I'll give it a try.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service