Advertise on PinupLifestyle
What happens when fashion magazine Harper's Bazaar asks filmmaker Tim Burton to design a clothing line based on his movies and art? Simple: this...

The spread doesn't give much detail, other than these pieces will be at New York's Museum of Modern Art in their tribute to Burton, along with other pieces of his original artwork. CLICK to check out the exhibition website.
Oh, and mentions the costs of each ensemble. Have a looksy. CLICK

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's Tim Burton all right Cool! Thanks for sharing
I'm a huge Tim Burton fan, I love it!
I love how Tim himself even modeled his own stuff, as in pictures 4 & 8, lol =0D
And real-life Mummy Boy is adorable!
ooooo I am smiling like the Cheshire Cat. OMG SO WANT!!!!
Wow, wow, wow! Those are amazing pieces of art!

Can anyone name all the movies the outfits are from??
It's hard to say whether all of them are direct movie inspirations or not, but some of them are easily identifiable...

#3-Lydia and Edward Scissorhands
#4-Sandy Claws from The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland
#7-Could possibly have something to do with Alice in Wonderland
#10-Mummy Boy from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories. Not sure about the ensemble next to him/her dressed as him, lol.
#11-Possibly inspired by Kim's iconic white dress in Edward Scissorhands. If the model had blue hair, I'd say Corpse Bride...

I'll look more into the others, I can't quite put my finger on them yet. I've also pondered the thought that maybe some are revealing ideas for his film works in progress. He's got quite a few, none of which have any photo leaks.

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
very cool.
he's so fantastic! And I'll take one of everything. Except the scary clown-ish one. lol
I'm not sure that they were all supposed to be movie inspired. He has AMAZING artwork too!

Tessa LeTaunt said:
It's hard to say whether all of them are direct movie inspirations or not, but some of them are easily identifiable...

#3-Lydia and Edward Scissorhands
#4-Sandy Claws from The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland
#7-Could possibly have something to do with Alice in Wonderland
#10-Mummy Boy from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories. Not sure about the ensemble next to him/her dressed as him, lol.
#11-Possibly inspired by Kim's iconic white dress in Edward Scissorhands. If the model had blue hair, I'd say Corpse Bride...

I'll look more into the others, I can't quite put my finger on them yet. I've also pondered the thought that maybe some are revealing ideas for his film works in progress. He's got quite a few, none of which have any photo leaks.

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
AMAZING. So much heart for this man, he's the best!
That is a very cool line!
AMAZINGGG!
Thanks for sharing, what a gorgeous collection.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service