Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Who else collects tiki mugs? My collection is piddly compared to some of my friends, but this new forum looked so lonesome without something posted in it.

My Tikis

My husband, me and the Go Getters at my tiki bar

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only have happy meal toy cups . but am willing to start a collect
When I remodel the back yard, I'm gonna build a tiki bar & do some tropical leafy landscaping, but for now my carvings and mugs are proudly displayed in my living room & dining room....which is an odd mix of tiki-horror punk-circus freak-goes 1950's french country.....I don't know how it works but it does.

We started collecting a couple of years ago too. I think we have about 18-20 now and a tiki god we got in Maui that was carved for us on our wedding day. We are always on the look out for new ones :)
elizabeth said:
When I remodel the back yard, I'm gonna build a tiki bar & do some tropical leafy landscaping, but for now my carvings and mugs are proudly displayed in my living room & dining room....which is an odd mix of tiki-horror punk-circus freak-goes 1950's french country.....I don't know how it works but it does.

Your decor is awesome, and I am jealous.

LOVE the circus girl print.
I started my collection with a happy little find this weekend!

Good Start. I like the yellowish one. I don't think I've seen him before.

Wink Holliday said:

Thanks, Elizabeth! He's a Daga, from Club Jetty in Kauai. The brown Maoi isn't marked, but it's similar to a style from Dynasty and Orchids of Hawaii. If you can't tell, I'm hooked! When I get a few more, I'll start posting them on Ooga-Mooga.

elizabeth said:
Good Start. I like the yellowish one. I don't think I've seen him before.

Wink Holliday said:

A Bit of my Tiki collection.

The New Guy

Wow! How tall is he?

PurdyPntr said:
A Bit of my Tiki collection.

The New Guy

He is about 48" - 60" high (ish)....
Wink Holliday {PLA} said:
Wow! How tall is he?
Picked up a few new mugs at the Bamboo Ben event in Huntington Beach last weekend...which forced me to rearrange the hutch (and dust!)

We started collecting Tiki about a year ago. Darling is in Afghanistan right now but when he returns home we'll start working on our Tiki Bar in the basement. Lord knows I've collected enough stuff to accommodate. LOVE Tiki. Not too many enthusiasts around here (read: almost none) which sucks in some ways but makes it super easy to pick up great stuff at thrift shops.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service